Use the following basic guidelines over the next 4 weeks of training.
- Follow the plan for the same group you were in during the XC season. If you think it’s time to move up or down a group come talk to me first. I want everyone to get through at least the 4 weeks of running below before moving up a group.
- Find a little bit of time to run each day over the next 3 weeks. Don’t worry about core, weights, etc. Stretch if it makes you feel good.
- Keep all of your runs easy for the next 4 weeks. Now is not the time to be running with a lot of intensity.
- Call a friend to run with! This will help keep you motivated during winter break to run
Vista Nation Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
When: Thursday, December 15th
Where: Bowlero in Lone Tree
Time: 5:00 p.m. to a few hours after that
Sweaters: Wear your best ugly Christmas Sweater
Cost: Athletes are responsible for paying for all shoe rentals, bowling, laser tag, food, etc.
Parents: Parents are welcome to join us!!!!!! Please feel free to come and hang out that night.
Winter Track Registration
Please make sure you have registered for winter off-season track conditioning prior to our first official meeting on January 3rd after winter break. Fill out the registration info from the link below, and bring a check for $100 (distance runners) or $150 (sprinters) made out to the MVHS Track and Field Booster.
Link to Registration
Planning on going to AZ over spring break?Planning on coming with the team to AZ over spring break for the Chandler Rotary Invitational? Here is what you need to know:
- Speak w/ Coach Dalby or Coach Kunz to find out if you are eligible. Athletes that have meet these performance standards, or show potential to, are welcome to come.
- Book a flight to go (see flight details below) once you have been given approval from the coaches.
- Email fligh itenerary to Coach Dalby once you have it.
- Stay in town the first part of spring break to train and be ready for the meet.
Spring Break Arizona Trip
We will be traveling to the Phoenix metro area for the Chandler Rotary Invitational at the end of spring break. There will be standards to meet for this trip. Athletes will need to talk with either Coach Dalby (distance runners), or Coach Kunz (sprinters, jumpers, throwers) before booking airfare for this trip to see if they will be able to attend or not.
- Trip Dates: Arriving in Phoenix on Thursday, March 23rd. Flying home the morning of Sunday, March 26th.
- Flight Info: The coaches will be on the following flights to and from Ariziona. Please schedule your flights to Arizona to be either on the same flight, or coming in earlier so that we have transportation arrangments worked out for you from the airport. Sunday morning we will be leaving for the airport around 5:00 a.m. from the hotel, please plan your flights accordinglingly.
- Thursday, Mar 23: Southwest Flight 4720
Depart DENVER, CO (DEN) on Southwest Airlines at 5:10 PM
Arrive in PHOENIX, AZ (PHX) at 6:00 PM
Travel Time 1 hrs 50 mins
- Sunday, Mar 26: Southwest Flight 2880
Depart PHOENIX, AZ (PHX) on Southwest Airlines at 07:35 AM
Arrive in DENVER, CO (DEN) at 10:15 AM
Travel Time 1 hrs 40 mins
- Thursday, Mar 23: Southwest Flight 4720
- Meet Website (link)
- Meet Standards (link): Athletes must either meet these standards, or show the potential to meet standards to be eligible for trip
- Airfare Cost: Athletes are responsible for booking their own flights. Start looking early as flights to Phoenix over spring break can be a little more expensive.
- Talk w/ A Coach: Athletes will need to talk with either Coach Dalby, or Coach Kunz before booking tickets. We are only guaranteed 2 athletes per event, and a 3rd and 4th athlete if meet standards are meet (or potential to meet standard has been shown).
- Parent Help: We will be in need of parent chaperones on the trip to help transport student-athletes around. If you are planning on attending the trip, and are willing to chaperone, please email Coach Dalby.
- Hotel: Hampton Inn Chandler Fashion Square (link)
- We currently have 13 athletes/coaching rooms booked here for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. In order to save on cost we will be putting 4 athletes into a room. Parent Chaperones are responsible for booking their own accommodations.
- Athlete Costs: Athletes are responsible for the full cost of the trip including airfare, hotel, meals, rental cars, spending money. Payment for hotel, rental cars will be due the week of spring break prior to departure.