Pre-Season Parent Track Meeting
Our pre-seaon parent track meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, March 2nd in the MVHS Commons. The meeting will run from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Please have one adult from your family in attendance for the meeting. We will cover the schedule for the season, fund raising, team expectations, and a variety of other topic related to the spring season.
Gear orders for the season are open through Sunday. If you want to place a gear order please do so online. All gear is optional to purchase.
Boulder Running Company Spike Night
When: Friday after practice until 7:00
Where: Boulder Running Company (Arapahoe and I-25)
What: Training shoes, spikes, and gear 20% for all MVHS track athletes.
Time to Buy New Shoes?
Any time one of our athletes approaches me about a new injury, or something that is nagging them the first question I ask them is, "How old are your shoes?" More often than not the response I get is that the shoes are well past their shelf life. It's a simple thing to fix, but too often this important part of injury prevention is neglected. Here are a few tips on when it's time to get new shoes.
- Get fitted for a great pair of running shoes from a store like Boulder Running Company or Runner's Roost. They will do a gate analysis for free to make sure you are in either a neutral or support shoe. Mention you run at Mountain Vista and they will even give you 20% off.
- A traditional pair of running shoes will last you between 400 and 500 miles. After that they are shot, and it's time to replace them.
- Always replace before you get to 500 miles, even if you are not having any problems.
- Light weight shoes are great, but they typically do not last as long. You will probably need to replace them closer to 250 miles.
- Log how many miles you have on a pair of shoes the second you start running on them. This will let you know how many miles are on them, and when it's time to change them out.
- When you find something that works, stick with it. It's tempting to buy different shoes that are new and cool, but when you find a trusted pair that works stick with them.
- When you train consistently your shoes will need to be changed every 2 to 3 months depending on how many miles you are running. Underclassmen/freshman can usually get by on 3 months because they run less mileage. Upperclassman will probably be closer to every 2 months.
Schedule for February 29th-March 6th
Tue- MVHS 3:10 p.m.
-Distance Runners Redstone Park 3:20
Wed-A.M. Run 6 a.m MVHS (distance runners)
Parent Meeting 7:00 p.m. MVHS Commons
Thur-A.M. Run 6:30 a.m. MVHS (Distance
-MVHS 3:10 p.m.
-Boulder Running Company Spike Night 5:00
Sat-MVHS 8 a.m. (Distance Runners)
Sun-Optional Run or day off