There will not be a formal parent meeting at school this year. Instead, information regarding team policies, procedures, and other relevant information can be found below.
Team Nike Gear Orders
Nike gear orders for the season are now available online. The deadline to order is Thursday, March 2nd. Once the Nike store closes on Thursday you will not be able to order Vista Nike gear again this season.
- All gear orders are optional and nothing is required.
- Payment Link: https://vistagoldeneagles.sportngin.com/register/form/187327841
- Why: There are currently 150 athletes out for track and field this spring. As a result, we have hired 8 coaches. DCSD provides four coaching assistant coaching stipends for the spring track & field season. This is two fewer stipends than we currently have. To ensure all of our athletes have proper coaching we are asking every family on the team to make a small donation to the Track & Field Booster Club.
- Program Fee Recommendations:
- $50 recommended donation to help compensate our assistant coaches for the 2023 spring season.
- $150 recommended for distance runners that are consistently seeing Coach Boele for massage therapy on Tuesdays.
- Other Amount: Any amount to help support the program is greatly appreciated if you are unable to afford the recommended donation amounts. Likewise, if you would like to donate more your support is always valued.
- Fundraising Goal for 2023: $7000 will cover the cost of the two assistant coaching stipends that DCSD does not cover for the track and field program this season.
Runner's Roost Spike Night
When: Thursday, March 2nd from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Where: Runners Roost Lone Tree
What: 15% off all trainers and racing spikes for the season
Who: All MVHS Track and Field Athletes
- Athletes can receive the same discount at Runners Roost at anytime. Just mention that you compete for MVHS.
Schedule for Febuary 27th-March 5th
Mon: MVHS @ 3 p.m. 1st Day of Practice. Meet on the Track
Tue: MVHS @ 3 pm-Coach Boele Will Be Here
Wed: MVHS @ 3 p.m.
Thur: Redstone Park @ 3:20 (Distance runners)
Sprinters/Jumpers/Throwers 3 p.m. @ MVHS
Fri: MVHS @ 3 p.m.
Sat: Sprinters/Jumpers/Throwers 9 a.m. @ MVHS
Distance Runners 8 a.m. @ Apen Grove Panera
Sun: Run on your own or call a teammate
- When: Monday, March 6th and 7th after practice
- Where: L503
- Uniforms will be checked out to each athlete on the team. They will be returned at the end of the season, on May 23rd.
- Athletes will be fined $75 for not returning uniforms at the end of the track season.
Jeff Boele: Licensed Massage Therapist
When: Tuesday's at practice throughout the season.
Why: To benefit individual athlete health during the Track season.
Who: Anyone on the team needing work done during the season.
Cost: Approximately $5000 for the season (January through May). We are asking that any athlete consistently using coach Boele's services to please make a minimum donation of $150 to the Booster Club in the spring. The 2023 track and field program donation fee link will be available in February near the official start of the spring CHSAA season.
Consent Form: Any athlete wishing to receive treatment from Coach Boele must have the consent form signed by your parents and brought to practice.
- In order to be eligible for track and field this season athletes must be passing all classes.
- A failing grade in any class will result in an athlete loosing eligibility.
- To return to eligibility, athletes must pick up a "gold card" from the athletic office and have it signed by your teacher once your grade has improved to passing (60% or above).
- Once signed by your teacher, "Gold Cards" must be returned to Mrs. Vitry in the athletic office. She will communicate with Coach Dalby once you are eligible to return to competition.