Mon-MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Tue-MVHS @ 3:10 p.m.
Wed-MVHS @ 3:10 p.m.
Thur-MVHS @ 3:10 p.m.
Fri-Redstone Park @ 3:20 p.m.
Sat- Heritage HS @ 8 a.m.
Sun-On Your Own, or Call a Teammate to Run
Pre-Season Outdoor Track Meet Opportunities
Coaches and Athletes,
We are excited to announce a return to pre-season outdoor track meets! The Peak Pre-Season Outdoor Meets will be held on February 5th and February 26th at Heritage High School in Littleton, CO. This year's edition will focus on mid-distance/distance events starting at 9:00 AM. Links to registration are below:
- Feb 5 - https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/443472/register
- Feb 26 - https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/443474/register
*Entries due on athletic.net by 8 PM Thursday before each meet
*All events will be FAT Timing, seedings based off seed times
*All Ages welcome! (including middle school runners)
*Time Schedule will be released the week of each meet, as we have a better idea on how many heats will be needed of each event. However, here is the event order for each meet, with the first event starting at 9 AM:
- Feb 5 - 800/400/1600/4x400
- Feb 26 - 4x800/3200/800/400/1600
Weight Room (Distance Runners) 2022
For those of you that are interested in the weight room this winter/spring here is the current weight room plan from Coach Palmer. Weight room is 100% optional, and is meant for those runners that are looking to get a little bit stronger this season. The plan will be updated every 3-4 weeks, but Coach Palmer will using the same link throughout the season.
Jeff Boele-Licensed Massage Therapist
When: Tuesday's at practice throughout the season.
Why: To benefit individual athlete health during the XC season.
Who: Anyone on the team needing work done during the season.
Cost: Coach Boele will be at practice 18 different Tuesday's this spring. We compensate coach Boele $4500 for his efforts ($250 for a three hour session) throughout the season. This is far cheaper than the cost of athletes seeing a therapist on their own.
Booster Club Payment: If you are seeking treatment from Coach Boele this spring please make a donation of $100 or more to the Track and Field Booster Club. These funds go to compensate Coach Boele for his time and efforts with our team this spring.
- Track and Field Booster Club Donation Site (Available Soon)
- MVHS Booster Club Website
Texas Distance Festival in Dallas, Texas
- Registration Form for Texas Distance Festival (link)
- Deadline for Registration Form: Friday, January 28th
- Texas Distance Festival Information (Google Doc)
- Athletes Eligibility: Any distance athlete that meets the following requirements:
- Consistently takes part in winter conditioning and does not skip practices
- Attends Saturday practices
- Communicates with the coaching staff about missing practice if absent, including Saturday's
- Speaks with Coach Dalby before booking travel.
- Dates: March 18th 19th (Spring Break)
- Cost: TBD, athletes and families are responsible for the cost of the trip.
- Official meet information
- Event/Meet Registration: Will be done by Coach Dalby. Athletes will bring $10 to the meet with them to pay for their entry at packet pickup on Friday, March 18th.
- Athletes are racing as part of "Vista Nation Track Club" at the Texas Distance Festival. This is not an official DCSD sponsored activity. All liability for the trip is with the athletes and their families.