See description of plans below to know which plan to follow.
Official summer training starts on Monday! In the spirit of becoming a "student of the sport" here are 2 really great articles about making the most out of your summer off-season, and being ready for racing to your full potential in the fall.
Summer Registration and Fees
You must be registered for summer conditioning by Sunday night to participate on the first day. Please register at the link below before Sunday:
Pre-Season Athlete/Parent Meeting Presentation
If you missed the pre-season meeting, here is the info we covered. Please take a look so you are aware of what is coming up during the 2016-2017 XC/Track Season:
- 2016-2017 Pre-Seaon XC Presentation (link to presentation)
- Summer Training Options
- Summer Parent Help (please email Coach Dalby if you can help)
- Summer Camping Trip: June 20th-22nd @ Golden Gate Canyon State Park
- Fall XC Schedule
- Metrostate/Mountain Vista HS XC Invitational at Wash Park (Denver)
- Out-of-State Trips for next year
- Woodbridge XC Classic in Orange County, CA
- NXRSW in Casa Granda, Arizona
- Big River Running Company Indoor Championships in February (Columbia, MO)
- Spring Break Trip to San Fransisco to race
- Get ferritin levels checked out in June.
Every Sunday, I will post training schedules for the week on the following Google Document. Once you have discussed which group you are in with a coach, take a look at the Doc, and know what your daily training looks like.
- 2016 Vista Nation XC Training Document (link will be posted Sunday night. The password will also be emailed to everyone on Sunday)
Summer Training Log
Make a copy of the document below, and share it w/ Coaches Dalby, Selle, Finger, and Palmer. This will allow us to help you out with your training during the summer. Every athlete on the team is expected to update your training log daily.
- Summer 2016 Training Log (We are currently typing this up)
I will explain the groups in more detail the first week of practice. Selle and I will also talk with each of you about which group you should be a part of. For now, here is the basic overview:
- Group 1: New runners, freshman, and athletes that need a lower milage program (will start the summer around 10 miles for the week and work up to 20 to 35 miles a week by the fall)
- Group 2: Athletes that have been running for at least 1 year w/ Vista Nation at the high school level, sophomores, and runners that need an intermediate amount of mileage. Girls will eventually work up to 35-40 miles a week. boys 40-45 miles a week.
- Group 3: Our athletes that have been running with us 3 to 4 years as a part of Vista Nation. Athletes that are ready for a higher mileage program. Girls will get up to 40-45 miles for those running 3 years, and those ready for the challenge will get up to 45-50 miles. Boys will work up to about 50-60 miles for runners that have been in the program for 3 years, and those ready for the challenge will work up to 55-65 miles a week.
If you still have a uniform from track, please bring it to the first day of summer conditioning to have your track fine waved.
Denver athletic will have online orders ready for us in a few weeks. Anyone wishing to order gear, and have it before the Vista Nation XC 2-Mile Invitational in August will need to order in June. Once I have the link I will send it out to everyone.
Team Garage Sale
On Tuesday, June 14th we will be having a team garage sale at conditioning. Our cage is overflowing with gear from years past, and we are going to sell everything for $5 to $10 a piece. Cash or Checks made out to the MVHS Booster Club will be accepted.
Schedule for May 30th-June 5th
Mon- MVHS 7 a.m.
Tue-MVHS 7 a.m.
Wed-MVHS 7 a.m.
Thur-MVHS 7 a.m.
Fri- RedStone Park 7 a.m.(meet at tennis courts)
Sat-Look at workout schedule and run on your own
Sun-Optional run on your own