We rean very well at the Dave Sanders Columbine Invitational on Friday in some adverse conditions. Here are the results and highlights from the meet:
- Varsity Girls: 1st Place with a 1-5 pack time of 70 seconds. Lauren Soares and Sarah Parker stepped up big time to be our #4 and #5 runners this week to help bring home our first win of the season!
- Varsity Boys: 1st place with a 1-5 pack time of 47 seconds. Our total TEAM score was only 33 pts this week running in some adverse conditions due to the rain. Arapahoe had a super impressive pack time of 6 seconds this week, but we managed to stay ahead. Our average TEAM time was 16:13 this week.
- JV Boys: 2nd place with a 1-5 pack time of 46 seconds. Arapahoe came back and got us this week. We will have to tighten things up over the next 2 weeks in order to be ready for the JV race at Leagues. Overall a solid performance.
- JV Girls: The girls finished 10th, but were a little short handed this week. Jessica Nats ran especially well and took 4th in the race after deciding to move up to the B race instead of running the C race.
- Open Boys: 1st place with 25 points. Ryker Rouse and Justin Cochrane ran strong to finish 7th and 8th in the race.
- Results and Article from Columbine: http://co.milesplit.com/meets/146892-dave-sanders-invitational#.UkjKLRbalUT
Continental League Championship Help
On Wednesday, October 9th we are hosting the Continental League Championship at Redstone Park/Shea Stadium. This is a big event for us and one that will take a lot of help to run off smoothly.
Parent's, if you are available from 3 to 6 that afternoon we could use your help. We will need about 20 volunteers at the meet to help with the following:
- Course Marshalls (10-15 helpers)
- Finish Line Help (3-4 helpers)
- Lead Bikers (2 helpers)
- Packet Pickup (2-3 helpers)
- Awards Presentation (2-3 helpers, can be the same adults that work the packet pickup)
Adidas Spartan Invitational
This week we are racing on Thursday at Bear Creek Park in Colorado Springs. This is the same site as the state championships. The state meet course isn't used for this meet, but it does run in the same park.
For the athletes that are not racing this week we do want you to come to the meet. You will be doing a workout that day on the state meet course.
Meet information (click for info)
"Going the Extra Mile"
If you are racing on Thursday I don't want you to do any extra mileage this week. If you are not racing I would like you to get in a total of 8 runs this week. That means 2 additional runs of 30-35 mins easy outside of practice. These can be done in the morning or on Sunday. If you want to make Sunday's run 60 mins easy instead of 2 extra runs that is fine as well.
Schedule for September 30th-October 6th
One change to the schedule this week. Our off site practice this week will be on Tuesday instead of Monday.
Mon-MVHS 3:10: Speed Fart-lek and Weights. Hilly run if not racing.
Tue-Redstone park 3:20: Recovery Run. Tempo workout if not racing.
Wed-MVHS 3:10. Pre-race run. Recovery run if not racing.
Thurs-Doherty Invite. If not racing you are doing a workout on the state meet course.
Fri-MVHS 3:10: Recovery run and weights.
Sat-8 a.m. at East/West Trail Parking Lot on Griggs/Daniels Park Rd
Sun-Optinal run on your own or w/ a teammate