Everyone is off to a great start so far this winter and the coaches are excited to see so many athletes committed to winter running right now. Keep up the great work and you will be running faster than you ever have this spring!
For those of you that are looking for ways to continue your improve as a high school distance runner then we recommend checking out Jay Johnson's book Consistency is Key: 15 Ways to Unlock Your Potential as a High School Runner. Our team at Mountain Visa High School is also profiled in the book!
If you are serious about becoming a better distance runner during the cross country and track season then you should definitely order a copy. Here is what you will learn:
- Thing to consider before you ever lace up your shoes to run (talent vs. excellence, attention span for hard work, progression, etc.)
- What to train (aerobic training, anaerobic training, strength training)
- How to train (Run by feel, easy days vs hard days, practice race pace, ABC training, going further and faster)
- Understanding different ways to race
- The other 22 Hours of the Day (sleep, nutrition, hydration, and listening to your body)
- Team profiles: Vista Nation XC along w/ other great programs that are friends of ours from across the nation like Louden Valley (VA), American Fork (UT), Great Oak (CA), Sandburg (IL), and several more!
- Order Consistency is Key on Amazon (link)
- Consistency is Key Website (link)
- Awesome Strength Training Videos from the Consistency is Key website (link)
Online Payment for Winter Conditioning
Online Payment for our 4 month winter conditioning camp (January 1st to May 1st) is now available. If you have already paid by check there is not need to fill out the electronic form. Those paying by credit card for winter conditioning can do so at the following link:
Schedule for February 1st-7th
Workouts for the week have been posted on Final Surge.
Mon: MVHS @ 3:10
Tue: A.M. Weight Room @ 6 a.m.
P.M. DeKoevend Park @ 3:20
Wed: MVHS @ 3:10
Thur: Redstone Park @ 3:20
Fri: A.M. Weight Room @ 6:30 a.m.
P.M. MVHS @ 3:10
Sat: The Bluffs Regional Park @ 8 a.m.
Sun: On your own -or- Call a teammate
Winter Race Series Information
- Winter Race Series Flyer (PDF)
- The February 27th 1600 competition is moving from Niwot HS to Echo Park Stadium, in Parker.