Great job on Friday at our home meet! The coaching staff was very encouraged to see how well everyone did. Results from the meet can be found at the link below on Colorado Track/XC (CO Milesplit) along with meet recaps, photos, etc.
Labor Day Run
We will not have an official practice on the Monday of Labor Day next week. However, we do have a long run scheduled for that day. Run distances will be updated in Final Surge by the end of the week. Call your teammates up if you would like to run with someone, or go out and get it in on your own that day.
2021 Fundraising Opportunities
Why do we need to Fundraise?
- The school district provides funding for two coaching positions during the XC season (Coach Dalby and Coach Selle). However, as a program we are responsible for coming up with the funds to pay our assistant coaches a full stipend for the fall cross country season (Coaches Lowell, Palmer, and Brandt)
- $7,000 to cover the stipends of our three assistant coaches on staff this season.
- Donate to our MVHS XC Booster Club at the link below! Any amount helps.
- Kathy Adams has volunteered as the Booster Club Chair for Cross Country. Every Dollar donated is earmarked for Cross Country. If you have any questions you can reach out to Kathy Adams via email- email@example.com
- If donating to the Booster Club is not possible we also offer a second fundraising option for families to help support our team through our King Soopers/Safeway grocery card program. Please see the link below for more information.
Transportation off campus:
Do you need help, or can you help with off campus driving or practices?
Use this form to help share your information with other parents.
Aerobic Monster & Special Gear Order
Aerobic Monster Shirts:
- Because of budget limitations this year athletes that have earned an aerobic monster shirt will need to order them form SafeTeeThird.com.
- If you ran all summer with the team you earned your shirt. Order one!
- There is lots of fun and additional gear to order on the SafeTeeThird site. All gear is optional.
Jeff Boele-Licensed Massage Therapist
When: Tuesday's at practice throughout the season.
Why: To benefit individual athlete health during the XC season.
Who: Anyone on the team needing work done during the season.
Consent Form: Any athlete wishing to receive treatment from Coach Boele must have the consent form signed by your parents and brought to practice.
August 30th-Sept 6th
Mon: Writer's Vista @ 3:10
Tue: MVHS @ 3:10
Coach Boele is Here Today
Wed: MVHS @ 3:10
Thur: MVHS @ 3:10
Fri: Arapahoe Warrior Invitational
Sat: Redstone Park @ 7 a.m.
Mon (Labor Day): Long Run on your own or w/ a friend
Arapahoe Warrior Invitational
When: Friday, September 3rd
Where: DeKoevend Park (Centennial)
- 4:00 Open Fresh/Soph BOYS (Run unlimited)
- 4:20 Open Fresh/Soph GIRLS (Run unlimited)
- 4:50 Varsity BOYS (Run 7)
- 5:10 Varsity GIRLS (Run 7)
- 5:40 Open Junior/Senior BOYS (Run unlimited)
- 6:00 Open Junior/Senior GIRLS (Run unlimited)
- Frosh/Soph Race: All 9th/10th graders will be racing in the frosh/soph race.
- Varsity Race:
- Girls: B.Adams, Gamily, Hamilton, Harris, Lindstrom, Swaim, Zarrin
- Boys: Downs, Ford, Geisler, Harbert, Romalia, Urban, Yocom
- Jr/Sr Race: All 11th/12th graders not running in the varsity races.
Early Dismissal: Athletes competing are being excused from 7th period on Friday.
Nike Cross Regional Southwest Update
NXRSW is happening this year and we plan to attend the meet running under the club name "Vista Nation XC". Additional information will be provided in the coming weeks. Here is preliminary info:
- Official Website: NXRSW 2021
- Where: Phoenix, Arizona Metro Area (most likely Queen Creek Golf Course)
- Dates: November 18th-20th
- Who: Anyone on the Vista Nation Team that has earned the trip by consistently running during the summer and the fall XC season. This includes Saturday runs.
- Athletes should come talk to Coach Selle and Coach Dalby before making travel plans for NXR.