When: Thursday at 12:30
Where: L503 (Dalby's Room)
What: A quick 15 minute meeting to discuss summer and fall XC, time off and when to return to running, and how to earn your Godzilla shirt!
State Meet Recap
Great job at state last week. Some really great performances out of Vista Nation this year including another top 10 team performance form the girls (we finished 7th). Here is the list of this years athletes that made the podium at state:
- Boys 4x800: State Champions (Witt, Dempsey, E.Rouse, Helmerich)
- Boys LJ: Rhys Pulling (7th)
- Girls 100 Hurdles: Kara Lucyk (6th)
- Girls 300 Hurdles: Kara Lucyk (state runner-up)
- Girls 4x200: 3rd (Lucyk, Hamilton, Grammerstorf, Lambert)
- Girls 4x800: 6th (Zarrin, Barich, Gossett, St. John)
- Girls 1600: Maddie Reed (6th) and Sarah O'Sullivan (9th)
- Girls 3200: Maddie Reed (4th), Sarah O'Sullivan (6th), Makenna Anderson (9th)
XC Summer Camp Info/Registration
Information about our summer XC camp, including important dates, has been posted. Please make sure you have registered before June 10th.
- 2019 Summer XC Camp Information
- 2019 Online Summer Camp Registration (Complete before June 10th)
- 2019 Summer XC Camp Flyer (pdf)
- 2019 Pre-Season Letter (pdf)
- Athletes that do not turn in uniforms will be fined $100 ($50 for top/$50 for shorts).
- As soon as your season is over you can bring your uniform to Coach Dalby in L503 starting this week.
- State Participants: Please bring your uniform to the banquet, or to Coach Dalby in L503.
End of the Season Banquet
When: Tuesday, May 21st from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: MVHS Auditorium
Who: All Mountain Vista Track and Field athletes and their families.
Dress: Look nice.
This years banquet is being held in the school auditorium due to limited space in the building during finals week. Unfortunately, we will not be able to do a pot-luck this season like we have done in the past.
Time Off From Running
After your last race of the season it is time for a much needed break from running. Everyone should plan on taking 2 weeks off from running. A few things to consider:
- Take 2 full weeks off from running. Let your body recuperate after a long season of training and racing.
- Go out and do fun things to stay active. Hike, play basketball or soccer, swim, go for a bike ride. Any form of active recovery that you enjoy over the next 2 weeks is fine.
- Runs for May 20th-June 9th are posted below. During this time we will not meet as a team. Plan on running on your own, or call up a friend to get a run in together. No intense workouts during this time, just easy running.
Returning to Running
We will not be meeting again as a team until June 10th. The following training schedule should have you ready for the start of summer conditioning the second week of June after your 2 weeks off is up.
Godzilla Shirt Requirements
- Godzilla is earned, not given!!!
- In order to earn your Godzilla shirt this summer the following requirements must be met.
- Consistently run everyday over the summer by following the summer plan you are assigned. Plans will be posted starting the week of June 10th.
- Be at all morning runs when you are in town.
- When you are on vacation go out and do your assigned runs on your own.
- Keep a running log of your choice to keep track of your summer training. All training must be logged to get a shirt! Examples of running logs include:
- Present your running log to the coaches the first week of September to get your Godzilla shirt!!!!
- Bring a running watch of your own EVERYDAY to practice!!!!
- Special prizes at the end of the summer for Godzilla tights and shower curtains...