Schedule for August 19th-25th
Monday: DeKoevend Park 3:20
(Univ. lot just past Arapahoe Rd.)
Tuesday: Writer's Vista 3:20
1900 W Mineral Ave, Littleton, CO 80120
Wednesday: MVHS 3:10
Thursday: MVHS 3:10
Friday: Vista Nation 2-Mile XC Race
Saturday: Redstone Park 7 a.m.
Sunday: On Your Own
Because of the predicted heat forecast for the early part of the week the coaching staff has decided to move practice on Monday and Tuesday off campus. This is to provide more shade for our athletes, and to ensure we are keeping all 130 or our runners safe in the heat.
If you need help with carpooling on Monday or Tuesday please call JoAnn Davis (303-519-2485) or Lynn Urban (303-263-3373). They are leading our team carpool list for the season.
Parent Meeting Information
Below are the links to all of the parent meeting information from last week. If you missed the meeting please take a look to be up-to-date about all things Vista Nation XC for the 2019 season.
- Parent Meeting Presentation
- Team Handbook
- Team Policies and Expectations
- Grocery Card Fundraiser
- Booster Club Information
- Iron and Ferritin Information for Distance Runners
Vista Nation XC 2-Mile Invitational
When: Friday, August 23rd
Where: MVHS XC Course
Arrival: Be at the team tent by 3:30 p.m. to receive your race bib.
2019 Meet Website/Results (link)
Meet Information (doc)
Teams: Boulder, Broomfield, Castle View, Dakota Ridge, Lyons, Mountain Vista, Niwot, Palmer Ridge, Pomona, Regis Jesuit, Rock Canyon, Valor Christian
- 4:00 Coaches Meeting
- 4:30 Frosh/Soph Boys (Score 5, run unlimited)
- 4:50 Frosh/Soph Girls (Score 5, run unlimited)
- 5:10 Boys Varsity (score 5, run 7 to 10)
- 5:30 Girls Varsity (score 5, run 7 to 10)
- 5:50 JR/SR Boys (score 5, run unlimited)
- 6:10 JR/SR Girls (score 5, run unlimited)
- 6:30 Awards After Final Race
Awards: The top 10 individuals in each race will receive medals. Trophies will be given to the top team in each race
Line-ups: Will be Announced at practice on Thursday this week.
Parent Help: We will be in need of about 25 parents to help us out at the meet on Friday as course marshals to make sure the crowd stays off the course as runners come through. You will still be able to see the entire race. If you can help, please email Coach Dalby. There will be a short parent meeting at 4:00 at the awards table on the middle school athletic fields to organize our parent volunteers. Thanks in advance for helping!
We will checkout uniforms on Wednesday this week after practice. Please plan on staying an extra 30 mins or so that afternoon so that we can get you a uniform. Athletes that have purchased uniforms last season can use their uniforms again this season.
Guide to Nutrition for High School Runners
- Individualized Nutrient and Hydration Guidance: The coaching staff would love to set up a time w/ any of the athletes on the team about individualized nutrition and hydration plans. If you are interested, please talk to one of the coaches at practice to set up a time to come up with your plan. Based on your current age and training volumes we will help you calculate the following: Daily calorie needs, daily H2O consumption needs, post-training protein and carbohydrate needs (Chocolate Milk), total daily protein and fat needs, and amount of iron supplement you should be taking.
- MVHS Distance Program Nutrition Resource (Drive)
- Guidelines for Iron and Other Supplementation (Drive)
- Information About Iron Supplementation
- Every athlete on the team should be on an iron supplement. Please view the above link for additional information.
Grocery Card Fundraiser
This is one of our few fundraisers each season, and how we are able to compensate our assistant coaches every fall. They are not funded by the school district, and the grocery card fundraiser helps us to to make sure they each receive a full stipend for the season. Please see the link below for more information, and contact Therese Fitzsimmons for a card:
MVHS Booster Club
The Booster Club is the other way we raise money for our program each season. Below is information on how to register, and a video about how the Booster Club helps our team. Please contact Jeremy and Cherise Anderson if you have questions.
Training Calendar for August 2019
Every week a training plan will be posted for you to follow. This will help you to know what your daily workouts are before you come to practice each day along w/ knowing what to run on the weekends if we don't have practice.
Vista Guide to Rhythm and Tempo Running
- Here you go! Your one stop shop for information on how to do your rhythm runs and tempo workouts: Vista Guide to Rhythm and Tempo Runs (Google Doc).