Congratulations on a great state meet performance this weekend! This was the first time in our program's history that we were able to bring 2 trophies home. And congratulations to Coach Weich's team at Broomfield, Coach Reider at Monarch, and Coach Davies at Rock Canyon. They were the best programs in the state this year, and did an excellent job preparing their athletes this season. I hope you realize that we are in the company of some of the best programs in the nation here in Colorado!
One of our goals this year was to sweep the state championship. We came very close. The boys just 9 pts away, and the girls 7. That is pretty amazing, and there are not many programs around that can say that. I know it is disappointing when goals are not achieved. However, achieving the goal is not what's important, it's the process you followed along the way. When we set down in June we set goals for the state meet that were very ambitious, and we knew we would have to be fully committed along the way to try and achieve those goals. We also said that these 8 things would have to be a part of the process, and perfecting each a little bit everyday is what it would take.
- Work Ethic
- Taking Care of the Little Things
- Team Cohesion
- Pack Mentality
We have 3 weeks to go until NXR. That's 3 weeks for everyone on our TEAM to find some part of the process to improve upon. Make that your goal for the next 3 weeks and lets see where it takes us. We have plenty of opportunities to get better between now, and November 19th to perfect the process a little more each day.
I am very proud of our TEAM! The coaches are grateful everyday for the opportunity to coach such great people, and be a part of something as special as Vista Nation XC!
Please take a look at the NXN payment info and bring checks to Coach Dalby at practice. All checks should be made out to the MVHS XC Booster Club.
- NXN Payment Info (will be posted this week)
- Please direct payment questions to John Walton (email) if anything looks incorrect
We will not be attending this event this year as a team. However, if you are wanting to race again before NXR please come talk w/ either Dalby or Selle about the Tomahawk 2-mile. Athletes that wish to attend are responsible for payment and transportation to the race. Registration and race info for the event can be found here:
- Tomahawk 2-Mile Information (link)
When: Thursday, November 3rd During SOAR
Where: L527 Office
Fines: Fines will be issued Thursday afternoon to the office for uniforms not turned in.
When: Friday, November 11th @ 6 p.m.
Where: MVHS Commons
Info: Please be on the lookout for an email from Kimmy Romine. Additional info will be posted on the blog next week.
Training Document for October 31st-November 6th
Please review this weeks training document so that you know what your runs are before coming to practice each day.
Link to Team Training Document
Schedule For Oct 31st-Nov 6th
Mon- MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Tue-MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Wed- A.M- 6 a.m. @ Vista
-P.M. DeKoevend Park 3:20 p.m.
Thur-MVHS 6:30 a.m.
Fri- Rocky Heights MS 3:20
Sat-MVHS 8 a.m.
Sun-Optional run on your own, or day off
Pre-Season Track Meeting
We still have a month of XC season to go, but our sprinters are getting stated soon. Here is the info on the pre-season track meeting.
When: Monday, November 21st from 3:00-3:15
Where: Lower 501
What: Cover winter conditioning info for track, spring meet schedule, etc.
Winter Conditioning Cost: Distance Runners $100
Checks Due: Tuesday, January 3rd made out to MVHS Track Booster Club
Spring Break Arizona Trip
The track trip for the spring has been finalized. We will be traveling to the Phoenix metro area for the Chandler Rotary Invitational, instead of the San Francisco Trip. There will be standards to meet for this trip. Athletes will need to talk with either Coach Dalby (distance runners), or Coach Kunz (sprinters, jumpers, throwers) before booking airfare for this trip to see if they will be able to attend or not. Here is the preliminary info:
- Trip Dates: Arriving in Phoenix on Thursday, March 23rd. Flying home the morning of Sunday, March 26th.
- Meet Website (link)
- Meet Standards (link): Athletes must either meet these standards, or show the potential to meet standards to be eligible for trip
- Airfare: Athletes are responsible for booking their own flights. Start looking early as flights to Phoenix over spring break can be a little more expensive.
- Talk w/ A Coach: Athletes will need to talk with either Coach Dalby, or Coach Kunz before booking tickets. We are only guaranteed 2 athletes per event, and a 3rd and 4th athlete if meet standards are meet (or potential to meet standard has been shown).
- Parent Help: We will be in need of parent chaperones on the trip to help transport student-athletes around. If you are planning on attending the trip, and are willing to chaperone, please email Coach Dalby.
- Hotel: Hampton Inn Chandler Fashion Square (link)
- We currently have 13 athletes/coaching rooms booked here for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. Parent Chaperones are responsible for booking their own accommodations.
- Athlete Costs: Athletes are responsible for the full cost of the trip including airfare, hotel, meals, rental cars, spending money. Payment for hotel, rental cars will be due the week of spring break.