Transportation: We are flying out on United at 8 a.m. on Thursday. Please arrange your own ride to the airport. You will also need to arrange your own ride home on Sunday.
- For liability reasons, athletes cannot leave the hotel, Nike campus, or race grounds, whether with an adult (even parent/guardian) or not. Also, the Chaperone and/or Volunteer must always be on the premises with the kids.
NXN Live Feed: The meet will be streamed live here starting at 9:30 a.m. Pacific Time on Saturday http://www.runnerspace.com/nxnhttp://www.runnerspace.com/nxn
Post-Season XC/Pre-Season Track Meeting and Returning to Running
There will be a brief meeting about off-season conditioning next Tuesday (Dec 8th) in L527 from 3:00 to 3:15. We would like all XC athletes present at that meeting.
For those that are ready, and have taken your 2 weeks off from running, we will start meeting again on Monday, December 7th at 3:10 @ MVHS. This runs will be very informal and the coaches will only be there for the start of the run. Official winter conditioning starts up when we return from winter break.
Time-Off From Running
If you are done running right now you have 2 options for time off. Time off from running is extremely important. Please take your 2 weeks of recovery! This will have you both physically and mentally refreshed before we start conditioning for the track season. If you are running the Thanksgiving Day race, run this week and then start your time off after. Here are your 2 options
- Option 1: Take 2 weeks completely off form running! Don't run, bike, swim, or do anything else. Just rest. All freshman should choose this option, and anyone else that needs a full 2 weeks of recovery.
- Option 2: Take 1 week fully off from running. In the second week run every other day for 20 to 30 mins very easy. This option is for soph's, jr's, and sr's that want to run a little bit on your second week of rest.
Why Running Track is Important
I am gong to be writing a lot more about this in the next few weeks, but here are my general thoughts.
- Track makes you a much better XC runner, just like XC makes you a better track athlete.
- If you want to continue to progress as a distance athlete, running both XC and track is important.
- If you are a multi-sport athlete in the winter and/or spring you have our support! Come talk to me at some point and I will help you create a training plan that will have you ready to progress for next XC season.
- Information about winter track conditioning will be out some time over the Thanksgiving break.
NXR Uniform Return
If you checked out a Vista Nation XC Club Uniform please wash it and return it to Coach Dalby ASAP. You can either bring it to L527 or to practice this week.
Schedule for November 30th-December 6th
Tue- MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Wed- MVHS 6 a.m. for Double
-Redstone Park 3:20 p.m.
Thur-Run in Portland
Fri- Run NXN Course in Portland
Sat-Nike Cross Nationals
Sun-Optional Run on your own, or w/ a teammate