Mon: XC Summer Camp: MVHS @ 7 a.m.
Tue: XC Summer Camp: MVHS @ 7 a.m.
Wed: XC Summer Camp: MVHS @ 7 a.m.
Thur: XC Summer Camp: MVHS @ 7 a.m.
Fri: Rocky Heights Middle School @ 7 a.m.
Sat: On Your own: Easy 25-40 minutes run
State Track & Field Meet Recap
Great job at state last week! Some really great performances out of Vista Nation this year including another top 10 team performance form both the girls (we finished 8th) and the boys (7th place).
Overall it was a great meet for Vista Nation, including:
- 20 individual qualifiers
- 5 relays qualifiers
- 12 all-state performances
- 1 relay state championship (video/interview)
- 2 individual state championships (video)
- 2 state meet records (video)
Final results, videos, articles, and pictures can be found here:
When: June 28th-July 2nd
How: Wash your uniform before returning it and place in a plastic bag/ziplock bag with your name written on it. Bring your uniform to the main entrance of MVHS and place inside the box labeled "track uniforms".
Uniform Fines: Athletes that do not turn in uniforms will have an athletic fine with the office of $50 for uniform tops, and $50 for uniform bottoms that are not returned.
Time Off In-between Track and XC Summer Running
- After your last race of the season, take 2 full weeks off from running. Let your body recuperate after a long season of training and racing. Active rest is fine. You can play basketball, hike, bike, or anything else that you enjoy doing, but no running!
- After your two weeks off from running you can return to team summer practices.
- Here is a schedule to help yo determine when to start showing up for summer running:
- State Meet is your last race: Return to running on Monday, July 12th
- League Meet was your last race: Return to running on Monday, July 5th
- Liberty Bell/JV Champs was your last race: Return to running on Monday, June 28th
- Need more time than 2 weeks? Talk to the coaches about it, but nobody should return to training until they are feeling refreshed, mentally ready, and motivated to do so.
Cross Country Summer Camp Information
- Information for our summer 2021 cross country camp can be found HERE.
- Registration Link for Summer XC can be found HERE.
Kickin' with Katie Girls Cross Country Camp
When: July 23rd-25th
Where: North Park, Colorado
Additional Info about Coach Katie