On Thursday we will meet at noon to run before we head home to clean up and then go the airport. Since we are on several different flights you are responsible for getting your own ride to and from the airport this week. When you get to the airport go ahead and check in and then head to the gate. We will see you there.
Meet Website and Information:
Here is the site for ordering gear from Denver Athletic:
End of the Season XC Gear (click)
The following items are available until November 19th at midnight
- Brooks neon green embroidered 1/2 zips that can be customized with athlete names stitched on the front and optional "2012 5A Boys State Champs" screen printed on the back.
- "Hardest Team to Make" T-Shirts
- Boys State Champion T-Shirts
Pre-Season Track Info
Pre-Season Athlete Track Meeting and Winter Conditioning
The pre-season track meeting has been changed to Wednesday, November 14th right after school (3:00) in the team room. Two things that will be different about this winter:
1) Student-Athletes will need to pay $50 for the 3 month off season conditioning program this year.
2) We will start official off season conditioning for track this year on December 3rd. We will also schedule some runs during winter break for the kids to be able to meet and have people to run with. Seniors will be asked to lead some of these practices during finals week and during winter break.
Mileage Club T-Shirts for Winter Conditioning
We will do mileage club T-Shirts (just like we did during the summer) again this winter. T-Shirts will be awarded to anyone who runs the following miles between the dates of December 3rd to March 3rd :
I will post and hand out workout logs to people before December 3rd. Anyone that wants to earn a mileage club shirt will need to log their miles during the winter. I am looking into online options to do this instead of pencil and paper.
Time off after XC
Everyone on the team regardless of running varsity, open, or JV should take 2 weeks off from running before returning to consistent training again. If you are ready to start running again before December 3rd go out and do 30 to 45 minutes (4 to 6 miles), 6 to 7 days a week. You are welcome to join us at the NXN practices if you would like so that you have a TEAM to run with.
Individual Goal Setting Meetings
Anyone wishing to sit down with me to plan out goals for the upcoming track season is encouraged to do so. I will be happy to sit down and talk with anyone on the team about track goals you may have. All you need to do is email me or talk to me at practice to set up a time. firstname.lastname@example.org
Vista Nation XC Christmas Party
Mark your calendars for Friday December 21st. This will be the date of our second annual Vista Nation XC Party at Brooke Smetanka's house. Details to come. Thanks a ton Mr. and Mrs Smetanka for hosting again this year!
Schedule for November 12th-18th
Thur-Out of class early. Run at 12:00 then head home, then to airport.
Fri-Run on Waterfront in Tempe
Sat-Nike Cross Southwest Regional
Sun-optional run on your own or w/ a teammate