- The Frosh/Soph boys were meet champions for the 3rd year in a row w/36 pts. An unbelievably low score considering there were 580 athletes in the race. If we would have scored our #8-#14 runners instead of our top 7 from Arapahoe we would have scored 171 pts, still good enough for the win. Our underclassmen have been working exceptionally hard ever since June. You have also been very consistent about in getting in your training everyday. I hope this shows you what consistent hard work in the off-season can do for you. It is paying off right now with some awesome race performances!
- The Frosh/Soph girls were also meet champions at Arapahoe w/69 pts in a field of 534. We have some very talented underclassmen ladies on the TEAM that are just now learning how to race and train competitively. If these girls keep progressing I'm confident that many of them will end up on our varsity this season.
- Varsity Boys were meet champions for the 3rd year in a row. We were tested by a very good Palmer Ridge, Boulder and Monarch team at Arapahoe. We still have a lot of work to do if we are going to compete with these teams and others such as Arapahoe and Fort Collins later in the season. However, considering the amount of work that we have put in as a TEAM over the past 2 weeks this is a very solid start for us on tired legs.
- The Varsity Girls were 5th in a field that featured 8 teams that are currently all ranked in the top 10 in 5A. This was a really good start to the season for us. We also finished this week ahead of League rivals ThunderRidge (5A #5) and Rock Canyon (5A #9) this week. We have a lot of work to do if we are going to be able to stay ahead of both of these teams when it matters most, but we are headed in the right direction.
- The JR/SR boys and girls both finished a very solid 4th place. This is a race where a teams depth really shows. We also had several athletes in both the boys and girls race that are right on the edge of making our varsity. The kind of depth that we are showing right now is exciting to see! Most teams can find at least 5 runners to score in a varsity race, but the really great teams have lots of depth past 5 runners that are pushing each other to be their best.
A very impressive start to the 2014 season for Vista Nation XC. Here is where you can find all of the post race analysis, results and highlights on Colorado Track/XC.com:
Arapahoe Meet Articles, Results, Photos, and Video
Vista Nation XC Shutterfly Photos from Arapahoe have also been posted. You will need to subscribe to our site in-order to view and upload our XC photos.http://vistanation.shutterfly.com/