Here is the info from the parent meeting in case you missed it.
- Team Handbook
- Booster Club Memberships
- Grocery Card Fundraising
- 2017 NXRSW Arizona Trip Information
- 2017 XC Meet Schedule (Doc)
- Easy to Follow Nutrition Plan
Vista Nation XC 2-Mile Invitational and Parent Help
When: Friday, August 25th
Where: MVHS XC Course
Arrival: Be at MVHS no later than 4:00 p.m.
Meet Website/Results (link)
Additional Meet Information (doc)
Teams: Vista, Rock Canyon, Peak-to-Peak, Palmer Ridge, Niwot, Dakota Ridge, Discovery Canyon, Denver South, Pomona, Silver Creek
5:00 Boys Varsity 2-Mile (score top 5, run 10)
5:20 Girls Varsity 2-Mile (score top 5, run 10)
5:40 Boys Junior Varsity (score 5, run unlimited)
6:10 Girls Junior Varsity (score 5, run unlimited)
Course Map: vistanationinvitemap.pdf
Awards: The top 10 individuals in each race will receive medals. Trophies will be given to the top team in each race
Line-ups: Will be Announced at practice on Thursday
Parent Help: We will be in need of about 15 parents to help us out at the meet on Friday as course marshals to make sure the crowd stays off the course as runners come through. You will still be able to see the entire race. If you can help, please email Coach Dalby. There will be a short parent meeting at 4:30 on the track to organize our parent volunteers.
Uniforms will be handed on at the following times this week. We have to handout our returning varsity athletes uniforms first so that we can make sure we are in compliance with all CHSAA uniform rules.
- Returning Varsity Letter Winners and seniors, Wednesday after practice
- Returning athletes and new runners, Thursday after practice
Thursday August 24th- Team Dinner at Julia Chambers Home 5:30 ish
Address will be sent out via text on "Remind" (sign-up if you have not already)
Remember to bring your assigned item for 8-10 runners.
- Keep it healthy.
- Label your dish and remind your athlete to bring your dish home.
- We have plenty of serving utensils so no need to send them.
- Help clean up and a huge Thank You to Julia Chambers and her family.
- Freshmen- Drinks or Desserts (Water or Chocolate Milk, no soda)
- Sophomores- Fruit or Salad (No Veggie Trays Please, they don’t get eaten)
- Juniors- Pasta Dishes (No Cold Deli Pasta Please, they don’t get eaten either)
- Seniors- Protein (Meatballs, Sliders, Wings, Sloppy Joes, Chicken Tenders/Nuggets, Crock Pot BBQ)
Schedule for August -21st-27th
Monday-MVHS 3 p.m.
Tuesday-Writer's Vista Park (Off Mineral)
Wednesday-6 A.M. Run MVHS
-MVHS 3 p.m.
Thursday- 6:30 a.m. Run MVHS
-MVHS 3 p.m.
Friday-Vista Nation XC 2-Mile Invitational 5 p.m
Saturday- Run to Denver
Sunday-See training schedule
Training for the Week
Please email Coach Dalby for access to the plans if you are having issues logging in.
August 14th-27th Training Plans (link)
Run-To-Denver on Saturday
On Saturday we will be doing our biannual Denver Breakfast Run! Afterwards we will head to Illegal Pete's on the 16th St Mall for breakfast burritos, and then take the Light Rail from Union Station back to Mineral Station next to Aspen Grove. Here are the details on the 4 runs to choose from:
- 14 Miles: Meet at Aspen Grove Panera at 6:30 a.m.
- 10 Miles: Meet at Centennial Park in Englewood at 7 a.m.(See address below)
- 7 Miles: Meet at Centennial Park at 7 a.m., and we will transport you down the trail so that you are running less distance.
- 4 Mile Run: Meet at Centennial Park at 7 a.m. and we will transport you down the trail so that you are running less distance. A coach or parent will pick you up 4 miles down the trail and drive you to REI to meet the team before breakfast.
When: 6:30 A.M. If you are running from Aspen Grove. 7:00 a.m. if running from Centennial Park.
Bag/Gear Transport: You can load your stuff up in Dalby's car and he will transport it down to Denver for you.
Where: Centennial Park
4630 S Decatur St
Englewood, CO 80110
Directions: 25 mins from MVHS. Go North on Santa Fe. Take a left on Union. The park will be down on your right off of Union
Cost: $15 should cover the cost for breakfast and your light rail ticket.
We are looking for 2 to 3 parents to help us out on Friday to chaperone at REI/Illegal Pete's and to help drive runner's back from Mineral Station to Centennial Park once we return, if they need to get their cars. If you can help please email Coach Dalby.