Monday- MVHS 7 a.m. (meet on middle school fields)
-P.M. If a double is scheduled it is O.Y.O. today
Tuesday- Redstone Park 7 a.m.(meet by Duck Pond)
Wednesday- MVHS 7 a.m. (meet on MS fields)
Thursday-Morning Run 6:30 a.m. @ MVHS (only if
double is on your training schedule. Meet
-MVHS 3:10 p.m. (meet on middle school fields)
Friday- MVHS 3:10 p.m. (meet on middle school fields)
Saturday-Writer's Vista Park 7 a.m.
Sunday-On your own
2018 Team Policies and Expectations
Athletes and parents should review the following team policies and expectations so that you understand what is expected of all of our cross country runners.
Pre-Season Parent Meeting
When: Wednesday, August 15th from 6p.m. to 7p.m.
Where: MVHS Library
Who: All Vista Nation XC Parents. Athletes do not need to attend
What: The coaching staff will discuss the 2018 XC season including team expectations, meet/practice schedule, the Nike Cross Regional trip to Arizona, team selection process, buying proper shoes, nutrition for your athletes, parent support, and other important items related to our team.
Training Plans for the Week
If you are unsure which plan to follow please come talk to Coach Dalby.
Fall XC Registration and Physicals
Please make sure you have an up-to-date physical on file with the athletic office when you register for fall XC. The registration window for all fall sports will be reopen for one day on August 7th if you did not register. Athletes that have not registered will not be allowed to participate when the offical CHSAA seasons starts on Monday, August 6th. All athletes must have a current physical on file to be eligible to practice on August 6th.
The link to fall XC registration will reopen for one day this Tuesday:
Gear Orders for the Fall
Gear orders for the fall are now available through Denver Athletic until Tuesday. Once the site closes you will not be able to order again until the winter.
Denver Athletic Website (Store Closes August 7th)
What Other Gear Should I Order?
We would like all athletes, and parents, to have a neon green Vista Nation XC T-Shirt from Denver Athletic. Everything else is optional to order. Here are a few things to know about available gear:
- Neon Green Vista Nation Shirts: This is our standard shirt and one that every member of the team, including parents, should have. It is what we wear at every meet. Either the cotton shirt, or the performance shirt are fine to order.
- Athletes going to NXR may want to consider buying an extra lime green cotton T-shirt for the T-shirt exchange.
- Warm-Ups: We are giving everyone on the team the opportunity to purchase your warm-ups. Warm-up tops, and pants are optional. We do not check warm-ups out during the season.
- Additional Apparel: Hats, bags, additional T-Shirts, etc. are all available for purchase, but not required.
- Sizing: Moms have noticed that the American Apparel Women's Cut shirts (50/50 blend) run about two sizes too small. Consider ordering larger sizes or going with the men's cut instead.