We represented Mountain Vista well on Saturday at NXN, and placed 14th (girls) and 12th (boys) respectfully. Easton Allred also became Vista Nation's first All-American athlete by finishing 5th nationally. A lot of hard work went into the last 6 months by our entire team this year to get there. Well done, and now go enjoy some much needed time off. You've earned it!
Workout Schedule: December 3rd January 6th
We will not be officially meeting as a group again until we come back from winter break in January. Below is the workout schedule for the next 5 weeks. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- If you have already taken your two weeks off and are ready to start running again go out and run 20 to 40 mins each day. Runs should be nice and easy.
- Follow the same plan as you did during the XC season. If you would like to switch plans come talk to Coach Dalby first to discuss.
- When we come back in January workouts for our different event groups will be posted: 400/800, 800/1600, and the 1600/3200 group.
- Workout Schedule: December 3rd-January 6th
Pre-Season Track Meeting for Athletes
When: Wednesday, December 5th from 3:00-3:15
Where: Lower 503
What: Cover winter conditioning info for track, spring meet schedule, and time off after XC.
Winter Conditioning Cost: Distance Runners $100
(Checks made out to MVHS Track Booster)
Checks Due: The week we come back from winter break. Please make checks out to the MVHS Track Booster Club for $150
Registration Link: https://goo.gl/forms/zEOKKC77DQv7Qshs1
Post-Season XC Reflective Meetings
The coaching staff would love for each athlete on the team to sit down with a coach sometime in the next few weeks to talk about your season, and where to go next. Please come talk with us at some point so that we can reflect together over your season.
Time Off From Running
- Take 2 full weeks off from running. Let your body recuperate after a long season of training and racing. Active rest is fine. You can play basketball, hike, bike, or anything else that you enjoy doing, but not running!
- If after two weeks off you do not feel mentally ready to go yet it is okay to take a third week off.
- Workouts for December through winter break have been posted. During this time we will not meet as a team. Plan on running on your own, or call up a friend to get a run in together.