Once again our TEAM continues to amaze the coaching staff. This season has easily been our best since the opening of the building in 2005. The girls moved up 7 spots from last years NXN meet to finish 6th in the nation. This was also the first time we have cracked the top 10 in Portland with the girls. The boys moved up 9 spots from our 2015 finish to place 3rd in the country, and make our first trip to the podium at nationals.
Outstanding work! I hope everyone realizes that even though only 14 runners were able to represent us this past weekend at NXN our success was a result of everyone's efforts on the TEAM over the past 6 months: Athletes, parents, and lots of support from Mountain Vista HS students and staff. Amazing job Vista Nation! When you work hard towards a common goal as a TEAM great things can happen!
Winter Track Registration
Please register for winter off-season track conditioning prior to the end of the semester. Please fill out the registration info from the link below, and bring a check for $100 made out to the MVHS Track and Field Booster Club when we return to school on January 8th.
You will need to be logged into your DCSD Gmail account in-order to register.
Time Off From Running
It is time for a much needed break from training. I would like everyone to take a full 2 to 3 weeks off from running after your last race of the season. A few things to consider:
- Take a minimum of 2 full weeks off from running. Let your body recuperate after a long season of training and racing.
- If you would like to take a 3rd week off, do it! Your track season will not suffer because you took 3 weeks off, and you will feel more refreshed when you return to training for the track season.
- Need more time than 3 weeks? Talk to Coach Dalby about it, but nobody should return to training until they are feeling refreshed, mentally ready, and motivated to do so. Taking a month off from running is perfectly fine if you need the mental and physical break from training.
- Workouts for December and early January are now posted. During this time we will not meet as a TEAM. Plan on running on your own, or call up a friend to get a run in together. No intensity during this time...just easy running. Keep things fun!
- For some of you taking time off will be a challenge, but trust me when I say your body will thank you for it when you are running fast in the spring.
Training from December 4th-January 7th
Use the following basic guidelines over the next 5 weeks of training once you are ready to start running again after your time off.
- Follow the plan for the same group you were in during the XC season. If you think it’s time to move up, or down a group come talk to Coach Dalby.
- Find a little bit of time to run each day over the next 5 weeks. Don’t worry about core, weights, strides, etc. unless you want to work them in. Stretch if it makes you feel good.
- Keep all of your runs easy for the next 5 weeks. Now is not the time to be running with a lot of intensity.
- Call a friend to run with! This will help keep you motivated during winter break to get your runs in.
Vista Nation Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
When: Thursday, December 21st
Time: 4-6:30 p.m.
Where: Rouse Household
Our Christmas Party is going to be on December 21st at the Rouse's house from 4-6:30 pm. We will not be running at the party so if you have a run done do it before the party! Wear your ugly Christmas sweater, and come for Gingerbread house decorating and a hot chocolate bar! We are also going to do a white elephant gift exchange so bring a fun, wrapped gift between $10-$15.