After talking with the TEAM on Saturday, we are going skip the ABQ meet, and go to the Air Force meet instead due to the ACT. This is our only TEAM indoor meet of the season. Here is what you need to know
When: Saturday, February 4th
Who: All Vista Track and Field Athletes
How To Enter: You will have to create an account and enter yourself at www.directathletics.com. The cost is $25 per athlete.
Meet Information/Schedule (link)
Transportation: Please provide your own transportation to and from the Academy
Spring Break Updated Athlete/Chaperone List
The link below is the list to those athletes and chaperones that have confirmed with me that they are going on the Arizona trip over spring break. If you are not on the list and plan on going please send your flight info to Dalby ASAP so that your spot on the trip is reserved.
Final Call for Spring Break Trip to AZ
If you have not emailed me with plans to attend the Arizona meet over spring break this Friday is the deadline. I am making final preparations for the meet over the weekend.
- Speak w/ Coach Dalby or Coach Kunz to find out if you are eligible. Athletes that have meet these performance standards, or show potential to, are welcome to come.
- Book a flight to go (see flight details below) once you have been given approval from the coaches.
- Email flight itinerary to Coach Dalby once you have it.
- Stay in town the first part of spring break to train and be ready for the meet.
We will be traveling to the Phoenix metro area for the Chandler Rotary Invitational at the end of spring break. There will be standards to meet for this trip. Athletes will need to talk with either Coach Dalby (distance runners), or Coach Kunz (sprinters, jumpers, throwers) before booking airfare for this trip to see if they will be able to attend or not.
- Trip Dates: Arriving in Phoenix on Thursday, March 23rd. Flying home the morning of Sunday, March 26th.
- Flight Info: The coaches will be on the following flights to and from Ariziona. Please schedule your flights to Arizona to be either on the same flight, or coming in earlier so that we have transportation arrangments worked out for you from the airport. Sunday morning we will be leaving for the airport around 5:00 a.m. from the hotel, please plan your flights accordinglingly.
- Thursday, Mar 23: Southwest Flight 4720
Depart DENVER, CO (DEN) on Southwest Airlines at 5:10 PM
Arrive in PHOENIX, AZ (PHX) at 6:00 PM
Travel Time 1 hrs 50 mins
- Sunday, Mar 26: Southwest Flight 2880
Depart PHOENIX, AZ (PHX) on Southwest Airlines at 07:35 AM
Arrive in DENVER, CO (DEN) at 10:15 AM
Travel Time 1 hrs 40 mins
- Thursday, Mar 23: Southwest Flight 4720
- Meet Website (link)
- Meet Standards (link): Athletes must either meet these standards, or show the potential to meet standards to be eligible for trip
- Airfare Cost: Athletes are responsible for booking their own flights. Start looking early as flights to Phoenix over spring break can be a little more expensive.
- Talk w/ A Coach: Athletes will need to talk with either Coach Dalby, or Coach Kunz before booking tickets. We are only guaranteed 2 athletes per event, and a 3rd and 4th athlete if meet standards are meet (or potential to meet standard has been shown).
- Parent Help: We will be in need of parent chaperones on the trip to help transport student-athletes around. If you are planning on attending the trip, and are willing to chaperone, please email Coach Dalby.
- Hotel: Hampton Inn Chandler Fashion Square (link)
- We currently have 13 athletes/coaching rooms booked here for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. In order to save on cost we will be putting 4 athletes into a room. Parent Chaperones are responsible for booking their own accommodations.
- Athlete Costs: Athletes are responsible for the full cost of the trip including airfare, hotel, meals, rental cars, spending money. Payment for hotel, rental cars will be due the week of spring break prior to departure.
Workouts/Schedule: Jan 23rd-29th
Here is this weeks training plan and schedule
Training Document for January 23rd-29th(link)
Tuesday-3:20 Rocky Heights
Wednesday-Morning Run 6 a.m.
P.M. MVHS 3:10
Thursday-Morning Run 6:30 a.m.
P.M. 3:10 MVHS
Saturday-Aspen Grove Panera 8 a.m.