Mon: MVHS @ 7 a.m.
Tue: MVHS @ 7 a.m.
Wed: Grigs Rd. Pavillion @ 7 a.m.
Thur: MVHS @ 7 a.m.
Fri: DeKoevend Park @ 7 a.m. (Meet at the University Lot)
Sat: Aspen Grove Panera Bread @ 7 a.m.
Sun: Run on your own or w/ a teammate
Training Runs for July 12th-18th
If you do not see workouts posted in Final Surge yet please follow the training document below to help guide you through the week.
Cross Country Summer Camp Information
- Information for our summer 2021 cross country camp can be found HERE.
- Registration Link for Summer XC can be found HERE.
The Final Surge Training App
Starting this week training will be posted for you in the Final Surge App. This will help you to know what your daily workouts are before you come to practice each day, along w/ knowing what to run when you are out of town during the summer.
If you have not signed-up yet for the Final Surge App, or need help doing so, please take a look at the following link for assistance.
Summer Training Plans for Athletes
Each high school athlete on the TEAM will be assigned a training plan this summer. I will start putting names on the plans this week once summer registration is complete. Here is a description of each plan. If you are unsure which plan to follow please come and ask a member of the coaching staff.
- Plan 1: New high school runners, or those needing to be on our lowest volume plan. Most freshmen will be in this group. This group will run 6 times a week. Athletes following Plan 1 will take all Sundays off from running.
- Plan 2: Athletes that have consistently followed Plan 1 plan during the last year w/ little to no injury issues. Sophomores that ran both XC and track will be ready for this plan. This group will run between 6 to 7 times per week depending on the individual needs of the athlete. Athletes following this plan will run on Sunday's or double occasionally during the week.
- Plan 3: Upperclassmen athletes that are ready for a higher volume plan. Consistently followed plan 2 during the last year w/ little to no injury issues. Upperclassmen that ran both XC and track last year. This group will run between 7 to 8 times per week depending on the individual needs of the athlete. Athletes following this plan will run on Sunday's or double during the week.
- Plan 4: Upperclassmen athletes that are ready for our highest volume plan. Have successfully followed plan 3 over the last year w/ little to no injury issues. Have run both XC and track for the last 2 years. This group will run between 7 to 9 times per week depending on the needs of the individual athlete. Athletes following this plan will run on Sunday's or double during the week.
When: June 28th-July 2nd
How: Wash your uniform before returning it and place in a plastic bag/ziplock bag with your name written on it. Bring your uniform to the main entrance of MVHS and place inside the box labeled "track uniforms".
Uniform Fines: Athletes that do not turn in uniforms will have an athletic fine with the office of $50 for uniform tops, and $50 for uniform bottoms that are not returned.
Schedule for the Rest of the Summer
Due to construction on the track we will be using the following h format the rest of the summer starting the week of July 19th:
Monday: Off Campus
Wednesday: Off Campus
Friday: Off Campus
Saturday: Off Campus
Sunday: Run on your own or call a teammate