Mon: XC Summer Camp: MVHS @ 7 a.m.
Tue: XC Summer Camp: MVHS @ 7 a.m.
Wed: Grigs Road Pavillion @ 7 a.m.
Thur: XC Summer Camp: MVHS @ 7 a.m.
Fri: Redstone Park @ 7 a.m. (Meet at the shelter house near the Duck Pond)
Sat: On Your own or w/ a teammate (no formal practice today)
Sun: On Your own or w/ a teammate (no formal practice today)
Training Runs for July 5th-11th
Final Surge will begin being updated again the week of July 12th. For this week, please take a look at the following training document to help guide you through the week.
Cross Country Summer Camp Information
- Information for our summer 2021 cross country camp can be found HERE.
- Registration Link for Summer XC can be found HERE.
When: June 28th-July 2nd
How: Wash your uniform before returning it and place in a plastic bag/ziplock bag with your name written on it. Bring your uniform to the main entrance of MVHS and place inside the box labeled "track uniforms".
Uniform Fines: Athletes that do not turn in uniforms will have an athletic fine with the office of $50 for uniform tops, and $50 for uniform bottoms that are not returned.
Time Off In-between Track and XC Summer Running
- After your last race of the season, take 2 full weeks off from running. Let your body recuperate after a long season of training and racing. Active rest is fine. You can play basketball, hike, bike, or anything else that you enjoy doing, but no running!
- After your two weeks off from running you can return to team summer practices.
- Here is a schedule to help yo determine when to start showing up for summer running:
- State Meet is your last race: Return to running on Monday, July 12th
- League Meet was your last race: Return to running on Monday, July 5th
- Liberty Bell/JV Champs was your last race: Return to running on Monday, June 28th
- Need more time than 2 weeks? Talk to the coaches about it, but nobody should return to training until they are feeling refreshed, mentally ready, and motivated to do so.