Lots of rumors out their right now about when we will be able to hold in person camps. The coaching staff is navigating through all of that info currently and will have a more concrete idea of when we can hold practices again by the end of the week. As soon as we get a definite answers information will be posted here on the blog. Most likely by Thursday or Friday. Hang tight!
Training for June 15th-21st
From here on, training will be posted for you in the Final Surge App. This will help you to know what your daily workouts are before you come to practice each day along w/ knowing what to run when you are out of town during the summer.
If you have not signed-up yet for The Final Surge, or need help doing so, please take a look at the following link for assistance.
Training Focus for June 1st to July 6th
Emphasis in training over the first five weeks of the off season will be placed on the following:
- Aerobic fitness (most days are easy runs)
- Flexibility (Done each day before you run)
- Strength development (For now, do the myrtl routine, we will provide more guidance about strength development in the upcoming weeks)
- Injury prevention
- Hilly long runs
- Mileage buildup (We are adding a few miles more each week)
- Developing good patterns of nutrition and sleeping (Get in your 8 to 10 hours of sleep a night and eat like an athlete!)
Middle School Runners This Week
Below is the link to what Coaches Estell and Sprafke want you to do this week. Please take a look for detailed information about our middle school camp for this weeks training.
In addition, please check your email for an invite to join The Final Surge.