A little over a week ago we set down at our goal setting BBQ's as a TEAM and set the mission for the upcoming year. Since both the boys and girls came up with essentially the same goals I have put everything into just one TEAM goal setting document. Here it is:
I like these goals because they are going to be difficult to achieve! They are not the kinds of goals that we will accomplish just because we write them down on paper. They will take a lot of work, and consistent effort throughout the summer and fall for us to achieve them. But we can! If the entire TEAM does their part than anything is possible for us!
Print off a copy of the goal sheet, and post it somewhere in your house where you will see it several times a day as a reminder of what we are trying to achieve this year. Write in your own individual goals, whatever they may be, in the provided space. That way you are consistently reminded of what we can do as a TEAM, and what you want to accomplish as an individual this season.
At the bottom, you will see the things we need to do daily to achieve these goals. If we follow the process, and get a little better each day then achieving our goals this year are possible!
Gear Orders for the Fall
Gear orders for the fall are now available through Denver Athletic. The deadline to order is Sunday, June 26th by midnight. You will not be able to take advantage of the early gear order after this time. There will be a second opportunity to order in early August, but that gear will not be in until the end of September if you order at that time. By ordering now, you should receive your gear before our first meet in August
What Gear Should I Order?
We would like all athletes, and parents, to have a neon green Vista Nation XC T-Shirt. Everything else is optional to order. Here are a few things to know about available gear:
- Neon Green Vista Nation Shirts: This is our standard shirt and one that every member of the team, including parents, should have. It is what we wear at every meet. Either the cotton shirt, or the performance shirt are fine to order.
- Pirate Jersey and Shorts: This is our official "Vista Nation XC" Club uniform, and what we wear in Arizona for NXR. If you plan on going on the NXR trip, I suggest purchasing one. We will have a few extras on hand for the championship race to loan out in AZ if needed, but not for the open races.
- Adidas Warm-Ups: We are giving everyone on the team the opportunity to purchase your warm-ups. Warm-up tops, and pants are optional.
- Additional Apparel: Hats, bags, additional T-Shirts, etc. are all available for purchase, but not required.
Pancakes and Pool Party on Friday
This weeks Friday practice will be at Josh Romine's grandparents house in Littleton near C-470 and Wadsworth. We will be doing our long run from the house, and into Chatifield State Park. Afterwards, we will be hanging out, eating pancakes, and swimming! There is a pool at the house so please bring something to swim in.
Parent Help: We currently have 6 parent helpers signed up for Friday to help flip pancakes + my mom who will surly come out and tell embarrassing stories about me from high school....If anyone else would like to help on Friday with making pancakes for our TEAM please email me! We can never have enough parent help!
Freshman: Fruit for up to 6 people
Sophomores: 1 carton of juice
Juniors: Fruit for up to 6 people
Seniors: 1 cartoon of juice
Coaches: Pancake mix, griddles, and paper goods.
Schedule for June 20th-26th
Mon-The Bluffs Regional Park 7 a.m.
(Behind the Super Target near Lincoln and I-25)
Tue-MVHS 7 a.m.
Wed-Rocky Heights Middle School 7 a.m.
Thur-MVHS 7 a.m.
Fri-Long Run and Pancakes/Pool Party
(address will be emailed this week)
Sat-Look at workout schedule and run on your own
Sun-Optional run on your own
Training Plan Links
In order to view plans, you must log in with your DCSD Google account. Parents, please click on your child's training plan, and ask me to share it with you so that you can view.
2016 Vista Summer Running Log Reminder
This summer we would like every member of the TEAM to log their summer miles. There are lots of ways to do this, but we are asking that at the very least everyone use the following link, and share it with the coaching staff. Here is how you will use it:
- Click on the Summer Mileage Tracking spreadsheet (link) that Coach Selle put together for us. Selle has made this so your weekly, monthly, and summer mileage will continuously add up for you...because Selle is the man!!!!
- Go to "File" and then "Make a copy" of the log, and rename it with your first/last name in the title (i.e. Jonathan Dalby Summer Mileage Tracking). You will need to log in with your DCSD account.
- High school runners, share your log w/ all 4 coaches by copying and pasting our email addresses in the shared link in the top right corner of the log (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- Middle school runners can share their log with coaches Sprafke and Estell if you choose to keep one (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- After every run, take 15 seconds to input your days miles in Google Drive on the spreadsheet. You can do this at home, or from your phone.
- Go back and upload the first 2 weeks of runs in the app by the end of this week.
- At the end of the summer, those athletes that have consistently logged their miles everyday, and are consistently running everyday, will receive their Vista XC beanie and look super cool all the time!!! In order to earn your beanie you must log your miles everyday.