Congratulations goes out to Caden Foster and Carter Dillon for their performances in St. Louis Missouri last week at the Festival of Miles! Caden ran a season best time of 4:11 for a full mile (4:09 1600 conversion) and Carter running 4:10 for the full mile (4:08 1600 conversion). Race videos, results, and articles about the event are posted on Milesplit.
XC Summer Camp Info/Registration
Information about our summer XC camp, including important dates, has been posted. Please make sure you have registered before June 4th.
- Summer XC Camp Information
- Online Summer Camp Registration (Complete before June 4th)
- 2018 Summer XC Camp Flyer (pdf)
- Summer Parent/Athlete Letter (pdf)
Schedule for June 4th-10th
Monday- MVHS 7 a.m.
Tuesday-MVHS 7 a.m.
Wednesday-MVHS 7 a.m.
Thursday-MVHS 7 a.m.
Friday-East/West Trail Lot on Daniels Park Rd.
- Team Breakfast at Einstein Bagel on
University after run. Bring $$$ to eat.
Saturday-On your own, check the workout schedule on the blog
Sunday-On your own
Summer Training Plans for Athletes
Each high school athlete on the TEAM will be assigned a training plan this summer. I will start putting names on the plans this week once summer registration is complete. Here is a description of each plan. If you are unsure which plan to follow please come and ask Coach Daly.
- Plan 1: New high school runners, or those needing to be on our lowest volume plan. Most freshmen will be in this group. This group will run 6 times a week. Athletes following Plan 1 will take all Sundays off from running.
- Plan 2: Athletes that have consistently followed Plan 1 plan during the last year w/ little to no injury issues. Sophomores that ran both XC and track will be ready for this plan. This group will run between 6 to 7 times per week depending on the individual needs of the athlete.
- Plan 3: Upperclassmen athletes that are ready for a higher volume plan. Consistently followed plan 2 during the last year w/ little to no injury issues. Upperclassmen that ran both XC and track last year. This group will run between 6 to 8 times per week depending on the individual needs of the athlete.
- Plan 4: Upperclassmen athletes that are ready for our highest volume plan. Have successfully followed plan 3 over the last year w/ little to no injury issues. Have run both XC and track for the last 2 years. This group will run between 6 to 9 times per week depending on the needs of the individual athlete.
Training Plans for June 4th-17th
If you are unsure which plan to follow please come talk to Coach Dalby.
Goal Setting BBQ's
Our goal setting BBQ's are on Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Both goal setting meetings are for all high school members of the TEAM including the incoming freshman.
- Boys Goal Setting Meeting: Tuesday, June 12th at 5-8 p.m. @ Coach Dalby's house. Email will be sent w/ the address next week.
- Girl's Goal Setting Meeting: Wednesday, June 13th at 5-8 p.m. @ Coach Dalby's house. Email will be sent w/ address next week.
The goal setting meetings are for every member of the TEAM to attend that can make it, and something I consider to be the most important TEAM meeting of the entire year. It sets a purpose for our training this summer, and allows us to set a focus for the season.
What to Bring With You
- Please bring a folding chair or camping chair with you to the meeting. Everything else will be covered.