As mentioned before, we will be using the Training Peaks website this summer in-order to individualize training plans for all high school athletes that have registered for camp. Every other week, your individualized training plan will be updated so that you know what that 14 day block of training will look like for you.
Registered middle school campers will also have access to Training Peaks so that you can log your daily runs.
If you have not set up a Training Peaks account yet please check your email for the directions in order to do so. If you did not receive the email please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you the registration information
How Should You be Using Training Peaks?
There are a few things that we are asking every member of the TEAM to do with Training Peaks.
- Before coming to conditioning each day, take a look at your individualized training plan in your Training Peaks calendar for that day.
- If you are out-of-town, or cannot make it to conditioning, take a look at your Training Peaks calendar to see what your run is for that day so that you can get it in on your own.
- Look in Training Peaks to see what your runs are for the weekend.
- After each run take 30 seconds (literally) to go into your Training Peaks calendar on either your phone, or computer. Type in how far you ran that day, and at what pace.
- There are a lot of other options in Training Peaks that you can play around with, and additional information you can add if you choose to do so. However, Selle and I are only asking that you log your daily mileage and pace. The rest is optional.
Free vs Premium Training Peaks Account
There is no additional cost associated for you to use Training Peaks. You may notice, however, that there is a premium option that you can subscribe to. The premium option is unnecessary for you to have, but a few of you may like some of the features that come with it. I you decide to buy the premium option come see me first and I will give you a discount code that you can use.
Goal Setting BBQ's
The days for the goal setting BBQ's were changed to the following dates by our upperclassmen last week. Both goal setting meetings are for all HS members of the TEAM including the incoming freshman.
- Boys Goal Setting Meeting: Thursday, June 11th at 5:00 p.m. Check email for location address.
- Girls Goal Setting Meeting: Monday, June 15th at 5:00 p.m. Check email for location address.
Team Camping Trip
What: Our annual TEAM XC camping and high altitude training trip.
When: The evening of Wednesday, July 15th and returning around noon on Friday, July 17th.
Where: Golden Gate Canyon State Park near Golden, CO
Who: All members of the TEAM are welcome to join. Most years we have 45 to 60 runners that participate.
Cost: Around $50 per athlete to cover the cost of camping and food.
Registration: Online registration for the trip will be up in the next 2 weeks.
Parent Help: If you would like to help accompany us on this years trip please email Coach Dalby. We could use the help of 4 or 5 parents this year.
Additional information will be posted in the next week or 2
Schedule for June 8th-14th
Mon-Redstone Park Tennis Courts 7 a.m.
Tue-MVHS 7 a.m.
Wed-The Bluffs Regional Park 7 a.m.
Thur-MVHS 7 a.m.
-Boys Goal Setting BBQ 5 p.m. at the Currie's
Fri-DeKovend Park 7 a.m.
-Einstein Bagel after the run. Bring $$$ to eat.
Sat-Run on your own or with a teammate (check Training Peaks for run)
Sun-Optional Run on your own, or w/ a teammate