The veteran Vista cross country parents would like to extend a warm welcome to all families, especially families new to the program! First off, we would like to share a video that really shows the heart of the Vista Nation XC Team that features some of the Vista XC alum and families. Huge thanks to Adam and Jen Christians for doing a beautiful job of putting this together: https://vimeo.com/426581750
Below is a link to some relevant information about the program to help get everyone started off on the right path this summer:
Training for June 8th-14th
From here on, training will be posted for you in the Final Surge App. This will help you to know what your daily workouts are before you come to practice each day along w/ knowing what to run when you are out of town during the summer.
If you have not signed-up yet for The Final Surge, or need help doing so, please take a look at the following link for assistance.
Training Focus for June 1st to July 6th
Emphasis in training over the first five weeks of the off season will be placed on the following:
- Aerobic fitness (most days are easy runs)
- Flexibility (Done each day before you run)
- Strength development (For now, do the myrtl routine, we will provide more guidance about strength development in the upcoming weeks)
- Injury prevention
- Hilly long runs
- Mileage buildup (We are adding a few miles more each week)
- Developing good patterns of nutrition and sleeping (Get in your 8 to 10 hours of sleep a night and eat like an athlete!)
Middle School Runners This Week
Below is the link to what Coaches Estell and Sprafke want you to do this week. Please take a look for detailed information about our middle school camp for this weeks training.
In addition, please check your email for an invite to join The Final Surge.