Spring Break Schedule (Distance Runners)
Mon-MVHS 8 a.m.
Tue- Redstone Park 8 a.m.
Wed-MVHS 8 a.m.
Thur-Breakfast Run From Coach Dalby's House 8 a.m.
Fri-MVHS 8 a.m.
Sat-Broomfield Shootout @ Broomfield HS
Sun-On Your Own
This week you will notice that I've scheduled several pool sessions as the doubles instead of going for a second run. These are meant to be recovery sessions and can really speed up the process if you are taking care of getting 8-10 hours of sleep each night and eating properly each day. I prefer these sessions to things like Ice Baths, or NormaTec Boots because your body is in motion allowing for more blood flow to your legs. Here is how the sessions should be done.
- Get into the shallow end of the pool at the rec-center.
- The entire session should last between 20 to 30 minutes.
- There are 3 options for the pool
- Walk around the shallow end of the pool for a consistent 20 to 30 mins.
- Grab the side of the pool and kick your legs gently for 20 to 30 minutes.
- A combination of both #1 and #2 (i.e. walk for 15 minutes and then kick for an additional 15 minutes.
- These can be done later in the day as you would for a double, or can be done right after your run since there is not intensity involved.
Lineups For the Week
- Broomfield Shootout Line-ups (link)
- Athletes not listed in the lineups are eligible to participate at Friday's 1600/400 time trail at Heritage HS.
- Athletes that were able to attend spring break practices were given preference when deciding the Broomfield line-ups this week.
Heritage High School 1600/400 Scrimmage
Where: Heritage HS
Events: The girls 1600 will start at 4:30 followed by the boys. Approximately 3o minutes later the 400s will be run.
Arrival: Please meet Coach Dalby at the Heritage HS track at 3:30 if you are competing.
Who: All athletes not competing at Broomfield on Saturday are eligible to compete.
Schools: Vista, Heritage, and Regis
Broomfield Shootout Information
Where: Broomfield High School
Entries: 3 individual entries in each event and 1 relay team per school
Meet Schedule and Information (doc)
- This meet will run ahead of schedule if possible. Make sure you are aware of where they are at as the meet goes on.
Awards: Medals to the top 3 in each event.
MD/Distance Training Plans for the Week
If you are unsure which plan to follow please come talk to the coaches.
- Middle Distance Training plans: March 11th-24th
- 800 Training Plan and Long Distance Plan: February 25th-March 11th-24th
BBQ Breakfast Run
Where: Coach Dalby's House
What: We are doing a 30 to 50 minute run from the house towards Chatfield State Park. We are eating breakfast tacos afterwards. I plan to smoke a pork shoulder overnight for the tacos.
Parent Help: If there are 1 or 2 parents that would be willing to help supervise on Thursday please email or text me. Thanks!