I am really proud of the way our team competed this weekend at the League Championships. Although we didn't win, we came extremely close with both the boys and the girls. The girls finished 3rd, only 12 points behind TRidge for the win. The boys were 2nd, only 13 pts back from the Regis. Overall, a very good day for us, especially with such a young team. I am looking forward to big things next year for us, and know we will have a chance to win the League Championship in 2017!
Results form the Continental League Championships (link)
Here is how we finished the League Championship series this spring:
- JV League Girls: Champions
- JV League Boys: Champions
- Frosh/Soph League Girls: Champions
- Frosh/Soph League Boys: Champions
- Varsity League Girls: 3rd (12 points behind 1st)
- Varsity League Boys: 3rd (13 points behind 1st)
State Meet Qualifiers
Congratulations to the following athletes that have qualified for the Colorado State Track and Field Championships this week at JeffCo Stadium! This is the largest group we have ever qualified into the meet.
- Boys 800 (Friday at 12:50): Robbie Gleeson and Caden Foster
- Boys 1600 (Saturday at 11:20): Paxton Smith and Ryan Currie
- Boys 3200 (Thursday at 9:35): Paxton Smith and Parker Mackay
- Boys 110m Hurdles (Thursday at 10:40): Jacob Hansen
- Boys 4x800 (Thursday at 11:50): Caden Foster, Carter Dillon, Ryan Currie, Robbie Gleeson, Paxton Smith, Sheldon Hafner
- Girls 800: (Friday at 12:45): Julia Chambers
- Girls 1600: Mauren Fitzsimmons (Saturday at 11:10)
- Girls 3200: (Thursday at 9:20): Madison Easton, Caroline Eck, Mauren Fitzsimmons
- Girls 4x800 (Thursday 11:50): Julia Chambers, Rebecca Walton, Caroline Eck, Mauren Fitzsimmons, Madison Easton, Abby Suntken
- Girls High Jump (Friday 10:30) Molly McCabe and Emma Smith
- Girls Triple Jump (Saturday at 11:00) Sydney Trichler
State Meet Information
When: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
Where: JeffCo Stadium (6th and Kipling)
Schedule and Website (link)
Heat Sheets (link)
Dismissal From School: Athletes competing will be excused from class on Thursday and Friday. Please make sure you have talked with your teachers, and made arrangements for your finals.
Athletes coming to watch that are not competing: If you would like to come watch the state meet on Thursday morning, please let me know and I will have you excused from class so that you can come cheer on your teammates.
When: Monday and Tuesday this week (before school, or at practice)
Where: L527 before school, or at practice
All athletes not competing in the State Championships will need to turn-in your uniforms at this time. Fines are being turned in at 3:30 Tuesday afternoon to the office if you have not turned in your gear.
Please do not give your uniform to any other coach except Coach Dalby. The other coaches will not take your uniform.
Seniors, you will not be able to walk at graduation on Wednesday if you have not turned in your uniform, by Tuesday.
- Lost Shorts: $40
- Lost Singlet: $40
- Lost Warm-up Bottom: $50
- Lost Warm-up Top: $50
Time Off After Track
If your season is over, now is the time to take a break before summer weight lifting and running begins. My suggestion is that everyone take 2 full weeks off, unless you are competing in the state track meet, or pentathlon.
End of the Season Banquet
When: Tuesday, May 24th at 6:00 p.m.
Where: MVHS Commons
Dress: Look nice
What to Bring: Dessert or Drinks (please sign-up for one below)
Sign-Up: Please make sure you RSVP at the following link if you are attending the banquet. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0c4ea4aa2ca57-vista2
Athletes End of Year Track/XC Meeting
When: Tuesday, May 24th at 12:20 (after finals)
Where: L527 from 12:20-12:45
Why: We will be talking about out-of-state trips for the 2016-2017 season, summer training options, and a few other end of the season items.
Pre-Season Parent XC/Track Meeting
When: Wednesday, May 25th from 7:00-7:30 p.m.
Where: MVHS Commons
Why: To discuss out-of-state travel for the 2016-2017 season in both track and XC, and sign-up for summer XC help (camping trip, pancake breakfasts, etc.)
Schedule for the Week of May 16th-22nd
Mon- MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Tue- Distance Runners A.M. Run O.Y.O. (20 mins)
-MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Wed-MVHS 8 a.m.
Fri- State Championships
8 a.m. practice if not racing until Saturday