- All 28 Vista Nation XC runners that competed ran PR's or season best times.
- The Boys JV team finished 1st of 65 teams. We beat some top notch varsity squads from across the SW Region, and bettered the 2nd place team by over 40 pts on Saturday.
- The girls varsity finished 6th in the Championship Race. The 5 teams that were ahead of us were all ranked in the top #21 nationaly. This is a great accomplishment after finishing only 9th at state. This was our best TEAM race of the entire season. This is also our best finish ever at NXR for the girls. Our previous best was a 7th place finish 3 years ago.
- The varsity boys were 5th in the Championship race against a superbly competitive field. The 4 teams that bettered us on Saturday were all ranked in the top 19 across the nation. Our cumulative team time of 79 mins, 31 seconds comes out to an average time of 15:54 for our varsity teams average 5K.
- Our freshman ran extremely well at NXR considering it was their first trip to Arizona. On the girls side, Allie Chipman made the All-Region 2nd Team by finishing 14th in 17:52 (#2 all-time at Vista). Allie was the top placing freshman in the entire meet and Becca Walton was the #35 freshman from the meet finishing in 19:59. Here are the rankings for the top NXR-SW Freshman Girls.
- In the 6 years we have attended NXR SW only 2 freshman boys have ever finished in the top 10 freshman rankings at the meet. This year we had 3! Parker Mackay was the top freshman of the entire meet finishing in 16:12, bettering Andrew Walton's freshman school record of 16:26. Carter Dillon was #5 in 16:27 and Shayan Zarrin in 16:35 was #9. Here are the rankings for the top NXR-SW Freshman Boys.
Nike Cross Regionals-Southwest Results, Articles, Video and Pictures
How do we look for 2015 and 2016?
I am very proud of what our young men and women accomplished this season, especially our seniors. They have left a legacy for our TEAM that will continue for a long time. Looking ahead at where we currently stand across the state of Colorado and the United States things are shaping up nicely for the future. It's going to take a lot of hard work, consistency, and patience to get there, but we are going to continue to be successful as the TEAM moves forward.
We are currently at a very unique time in the history of our TEAM here at Mountain Vista. I believe we are about to start seeing success outside of Colorado, and are approaching the time where we are going to become more competiitve in both track and cross country at a national level. Here are a few things to think about as we look ahead to 2015 and 2016:
- Boys National Rankings for 2015 (U.S. #13)
- Girls National Rankings for 2015 (U.S. #104)
- Boys Current Underclassmen National Rankings (U.S. #3)
- Girls Current Underclassmen National Rankings (U.S. #40)
- Boys 5A Colorado Rankings for 2015 (Colorado #1)
- Girls 5A Colorado Rankings for 2015 (Colorado #5)
- Boys Current Underclassmen 5A Colorado Rankings (Colorado #1)
- Girls Current Underclassmen 5A Colorado Rankings (Colorado #2)
- Boys JV Rankings for 2015 (Colorado #1)
- Girls JV Rankings for 2015 (Colorado #1)
Time-off and Back to Running
If your season finished over the weekend then you are ready for some time off. Take the next 2 weeks away from running and enjoy yourself. Don't stress out about your nutrition or hydration habits. You have been working hard for 6 months and are ready for some down time. Even if it kills you not to run for 2 weeks, don't run! You will come back mentally and physically rested for the upcoming track season and off-season conditioning.
If you have finished your time-off and are ready to start running again keep things simple. I will meet those that are ready to start again after school each day at Vista. We will meet at the usual 3:10 start time. I am only going to stay long enough to say hello until December 1st when we start back up again. Until that time keep things simple. Go out and run between 30-45 minutes each day until you have had enough. Enjoy your runs and keep them at a conversational pace.
Spring Track & Field and Winter Off-Season Training
I am going to post a whole bunch of stuff on the blog about the upcoming track season over Thanksgiving break. Our official off-season start date is Monday, December 1st at 3:10. We will meet in the front hallway of Vista. There is no cost to take part in our off-season track program (but if you want to buy me some Starbucks and/or make me cookies I won't turn you down!).
Vista Nation XC Holiday Party
The party this year will be on Friday, December 19th at 5:00 p.m. We will start with our usual ugly Christmas sweater run and then hang out to eat pizza and dessert afterwards. We are still in need of a location for this years party. If there is a family willing to host please let me know.
Schedule for November 24th-30th
Mon-MVHS 3:10 (Dalby will be there at the start)
Tue-MVHS 3:10 (Dalby will be there at the start)
Wed-Run on your own
Thur-Highlands Ranch Turkey Trot
Fri-Run on your own
Sat-Run on your own