Saturday in Arizona was one of the special days in our TEAM's short history. We ran the best we possibly could have and it resulted in 2 top 10 finishes for the boys, and two first place finishes for the girls. You also saw three of your teammates (Josh Romine, Jenna Fitzsimmons, and Sarah O'Sullivan) all make the NXR All-Region team which is an extremely difficult thing to accomplish. Finally, qualifying a team on to the Nike Cross National final is a very special thing, and is one of the most difficult goals that our TEAM sets out to accomplish each year.
Even though we are only allowed to send 7 to Portland I hope everyone on the TEAM knows that you did your part to help those 7 out. We didn't qualify for Portland because of 7 runners that ran in the girls championship race. We qualified for nationals because over 100 runners decided to come out for XC this season and do their part to help the TEAM! It's incredible what can happen when everyone works hard for each other and is committed to the process. And even though we only get to send 7 to nationals, it took every boy and girl on the team to help accomplish such an incredible achievement!
Thank You Parents!
Our goals as a TEAM could not be accomplished each season without the help of our parents being an important part of our process. From early morning car rides, chaperoning out-of-state trips, team dinners, photos, feeding your kids, and a million other things that you do we could not be successful without your support. Thank you for all you do, and continue to do for our TEAM! Vista Nation XC is as much about the parents that support us behind the scenes as it is about the kids that run the races.
Time Off From Running
If Saturday was your last race of the season it is time for some much needed time off! We will talk more about this on Monday at our pre-season track meeting. You can also check the team training document, but we want everyone to take off 3 weeks this year instead of 2. For some of you this will be a HUGE challenge, but trust me when I say your body will thank you for it when you are running fast in the spring!
Pre-Season Track Meeting
When: Monday, November 21st from 3:00-3:15
Where: Lower 501
What: Cover winter conditioning info for track, spring meet schedule, etc.
Winter Conditioning Cost: Distance Runners $100
(Checks made out to MVHS Track Booster)
(Checks made out to MVHS Track Booster)
Checks Due: Tuesday, January 3rd made out to MVHS Track Booster Club
Link to Registration
Spring Break Arizona Trip
The track trip for the spring has been finalized. We will be traveling to the Phoenix metro area for the Chandler Rotary Invitational, instead of the San Francisco Trip. There will be standards to meet for this trip. Athletes will need to talk with either Coach Dalby (distance runners), or Coach Kunz (sprinters, jumpers, throwers) before booking airfare for this trip to see if they will be able to attend or not. Here is the preliminary info:
- Trip Dates: Arriving in Phoenix on Thursday, March 23rd. Flying home the morning of Sunday, March 26th.
- Meet Website (link)
- Meet Standards (link): Athletes must either meet these standards, or show the potential to meet standards to be eligible for trip
- Airfare: Athletes are responsible for booking their own flights. Start looking early as flights to Phoenix over spring break can be a little more expensive.
- Talk w/ A Coach: Athletes will need to talk with either Coach Dalby, or Coach Kunz before booking tickets. We are only guaranteed 2 athletes per event, and a 3rd and 4th athlete if meet standards are meet (or potential to meet standard has been shown).
- Parent Help: We will be in need of parent chaperones on the trip to help transport student-athletes around. If you are planning on attending the trip, and are willing to chaperone, please email Coach Dalby.
- Hotel: Hampton Inn Chandler Fashion Square (link). We are putting 4 athletes in a room to cut down on the expense of the trip.
- We currently have 13 athletes/coaching rooms booked here for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. Parent Chaperones are responsible for booking their own accommodations.
- Athlete Costs: Athletes are responsible for the full cost of the trip including airfare, hotel, meals, rental cars, spending money. Payment for hotel, rental cars will be due the week of spring break.
Training Document for November 21st-27th
Please review this weeks training document so that you know what your runs are before coming to practice each day.
Link to Team Training Document
Vista Nation Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
When: Thursday, December 15th
Time: 5:00 p.m.
Look for more info on this next week, we are trying to rent out a bowling ally this year.