I don't even know where to begin with this. Let's start with we ran exceptionally well as a full TEAM this weekend in Arizona. Lots of great individual performances, but most importantly we represented Vista Nation XC as a school very well. Here are the 4 highlights that stand out the most.
- Open Girls Race: Top High School Team in the SW region! We placed second to only an all-star team made up of elite Colorado runners not in the championship race. Although my feelings are that an all-star team entry into the open race shouldn't be allowed, it really does not matter all that much. As a TRUE TEAM, you were the best in the SW Region this year!
- Open Race Boys: Runners-up out of 63 teams! We were only 22 pts back, which in a field of over 500 is almost nothing. We also beat some of the best varsity teams in the 5 state region!
- Championship Girls: We were without 2 of our consistent top 2 athletes from the season, but still placed in the top 10. This is HUGE! Everyone stepped up their game and still ran as a top 10 team in arguably the toughest region in the United States.
- Championship Boys: Our TEAM was the 1st in Colorado history to win the SW Region! Every place mattered, literally! Ryan Currie, our 6th man, beat out Timponogos #5 to push them back 1 pt which gave us the win! Shayan Zarrin fell 800 in, but fought back from 150th place roughly to finish in the top 60 as our #5. I have never seen 3 teams in the top 3 all within 1 pt of each other. Simply amazing!
Time-Off From Running
If you are done running right now you have 2 options for time off. Time off from running is extremely important. Please take your 2 weeks of recovery! This will have you both physically and mentally refreshed before we start conditioning for the track season. If you are running the Thanksgiving Day race, run this week and then start your time off after. Here are your 2 options
- Option 1: Take 2 weeks completely off form running! Don't run, bike, swim, or do anything else. Just rest. All freshman should choose this option, and anyone else that needs a full 2 weeks of recovery.
- Option 2: Take 1 week fully off from running. In the second week run every other day for 20 to 30 mins very easy. This option is for soph's, jr's, and sr's that want to run a little bit on your second week of rest.
Why Running Track is Important
I am gong to be writing a lot more about this in the next few weeks, but here are my general thoughts.
- Track makes you a much better XC runner, just like XC makes you a better track athlete.
- If you want to continue to progress as a distance athlete, running both XC and track is important.
- If you are a multi-sport athlete in the winter and/or spring you have our support! Come talk to me at some point and I will help you create a training plan that will have you ready to progress for next XC season.
- Information about winter track conditioning will be out some time over the Thanksgiving break.
NXR Uniform Return
If you checked out a Vista Nation XC Club Uniform please wash it and return it to Coach Dalby by Tuesday. You can either bring it to L527 or to practice on Monday/Tuesday.
NXN Portland Info
Information is coming home tomorrow and will need to be filled out, and returned by Tuesday morning at 7:30 a.m. Please bring all paperwork to L527. If your forms are not completed and turned in by this time, you will not be able to compete in Portland.
Once I have trip information from Nike I will send it out to those headed on the trip. All other information on the meet can be found here.
Schedule for November 23rd-29th
Mon-Redstone Park 3:20 p.m.
Tue- MVHS 6 a.m. if doubling
-MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Wed- DeKoevend Park 8 a.m.
Thur-Redstone Park 8 a.m.
Fri- Rocky Heights 8 a.m.
-Double Run On Your Own or w/ a Teammate
Sat-MVHS 8 a.m.
Sun-Optional Run on your own, or w/ a teammate