- Race Information Link and Live Stream
- Flight Info:
- Thursday: United Airlines Flight 598 departing at 8:10 a.m. arriving in Portland at 9:57 a.m.
- Sunday: United Airlines Flight 830 departing 10:50 a.m. arriving in Denver at 2:15 p.m.
- Please provide your own ride to the airport. You will need to be at DIA 2 hours prior to departure. You can check in with your ID when you get to DIA. The coaches will meet you in the terminal.
- Bring plenty of warm clothes and rain gear. It's going to be wet and muddy.
If NXRSW was your last race of the season it is time for a much needed break from running. I will post more detailed information on next weeks blog/training document, but everyone should plan on taking 2 to 3 weeks off from running. A few things to consider:
- Take a minimum of 2 full weeks off from running. Let your body recuperate after a long season of training and racing.
- If you would like to take a 3rd week off, do it! Your track season will not suffer because you took 3 weeks off, and you will feel more refreshed when you return to training for the track season.
- Need more time than 3 weeks? Talk to me about it, but nobody should return to training until they are feeling refreshed, mentally ready, and motivated to do so.
- Workouts for December through winter break will be posted next week. During this time we will not meet as a team. Plan on running on your own, or call up a friend to get a run in together. No intense workouts during this time, just easy running.
For some of you taking time off is a HUGE challenge, but trust me when I say your body will thank you for it when you are running fast in the spring.
Pre-Season Track Meeting for Athletes
When: Wednesday, December 6th from 3:00-3:15
Where: Lower 503
What: Cover winter conditioning info for track, spring meet schedule, and our out-of-state trip for this season (including what it takes to be eligible to go)
Winter Conditioning Cost: Distance Runners $100
(Checks made out to MVHS Track Booster)
Checks Due: The week we come back from winter break. Please make checks out to the MVHS Track Booster Club for $100
Registration: The link to winter track registration will be made available on December 5th.
Vista Nation Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
We are going to do this again this year, but have not worked out the details yet. It will be sometime after NXN in December. We will make sure it does not interfere with studying for finals.
Schedule for November 27th-December 3rd
Monday- MVHS 3 p.m.
Tuesday- MVHS 3 p.m.
Wednesday- MVHS 3 p.m.
Thursday-Nike Campus Run
Friday- NXN Course Run
Saturday- NXN Race Day
Training for the Week