Please check your email for a message from Kimmy Romine about the most updated attendance and payment list for NXR. Please take a look and review instructions below for the chaperones.
Payment: Please bring checks for NXR to Coach Dalby before departure. All checks should be made out to the MVHS XC Booster Club.
The Chaperones on the list have amounts owed that include the price of tickets if they are using a team ticket, the prices of hotels based on whether they are staying alone or with a group room, and the amount of the Friday Team Dinner. Those costs are then reduced by the amount of the rental car and gas that they will be responsible to cover.
If anyone has any questions, have them email me at email@example.com.
Our end-of-season XC banquet is on Friday, November 11th at 6:15 p.m. in the MVHS Commons. Everyone is welcome! Parents, siblings, grandparents - whomever you want to invite to help celebrate your athlete and the team.
This year, we'll have some light dinner (pizza and sub sandwiches) and lots of great desserts, including a chocolate fondue fountain (thank you, Hafner family!).
Please click on the Sign-Up Genius Link to sign up to bring something and RSVP. Since we have about 300 people in attendance, we have quite a few slots to fill (so feel free to bring more than one thing!). Please read through the sign-up sheet carefully - some of the items have important specifications. Don't wait to RSVP - I will be monitoring the sign up sheet to make necessary adjustments and a flurry of last-minute RSVPs kind of throw things off. Thanks.
Please RSVP soon so we have an accurate count for pizzas and sandwiches.
Please RSVP, even if it's a "No", so we can keep track of who is coming
Set-up/Clean-up: I need help setting up (at 5:30) and cleaning up. Please email me if you can be there early or stay late. Thank you!
Dress code - the kids usually dress up and look sharp.
1-Mile Time Trial
- Girls at 4:00 p.m.
- Boys at 4:15
Warm-up: Please be warmed up and ready to go after school. We be starting the first race promptly at 4:00.
Schedule For The Week of Nov 7th-13th
Mon- MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Tue-MVHS 8 a.m. (no school)
Wed- A.M- 6 a.m. @ Vista
-P.M. RedStone Park 3:20 p.m.
Fri- 1 Mile Time Trial 4:00 p.m.
Sat-DeKoevenad Park 8 a.m.
-Snooze After Run
Sun-Optional run on your own, or day off
Training Document for November 7th-13th
Please review this weeks training document so that you know what your runs are before coming to practice each day.
Link to Team Training Document
Pre-Season Track Meeting
We still have a month of XC season to go, but our sprinters are getting stated soon. Here is the info on the pre-season track meeting.
When: Monday, November 21st from 3:00-3:15
Where: Lower 501
What: Cover winter conditioning info for track, spring meet schedule, etc.
Winter Conditioning Cost: Distance Runners $100
Checks Due: Tuesday, January 3rd made out to MVHS Track Booster Club
Spring Break Arizona Trip
The track trip for the spring has been finalized. We will be traveling to the Phoenix metro area for the Chandler Rotary Invitational, instead of the San Francisco Trip. There will be standards to meet for this trip. Athletes will need to talk with either Coach Dalby (distance runners), or Coach Kunz (sprinters, jumpers, throwers) before booking airfare for this trip to see if they will be able to attend or not. Here is the preliminary info:
- Trip Dates: Arriving in Phoenix on Thursday, March 23rd. Flying home the morning of Sunday, March 26th.
- Meet Website (link)
- Meet Standards (link): Athletes must either meet these standards, or show the potential to meet standards to be eligible for trip
- Airfare: Athletes are responsible for booking their own flights. Start looking early as flights to Phoenix over spring break can be a little more expensive.
- Talk w/ A Coach: Athletes will need to talk with either Coach Dalby, or Coach Kunz before booking tickets. We are only guaranteed 2 athletes per event, and a 3rd and 4th athlete if meet standards are meet (or potential to meet standard has been shown).
- Parent Help: We will be in need of parent chaperones on the trip to help transport student-athletes around. If you are planning on attending the trip, and are willing to chaperone, please email Coach Dalby.
- Hotel: Hampton Inn Chandler Fashion Square (link)
- We currently have 13 athletes/coaching rooms booked here for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. Parent Chaperones are responsible for booking their own accommodations.
- Athlete Costs: Athletes are responsible for the full cost of the trip including airfare, hotel, meals, rental cars, spending money. Payment for hotel, rental cars will be due the week of spring break.