Mon: MVHS Track @ 8 a.m.
Tue: State Meet Course Preview @ Bear Creek Park
in Colorado Springs @ 9 a.m.
Wed: MVHS @ 8 a.m.
Thur: MVHS @ 8 a.m. (If not running regionals)
5A Region 2 in Grand Junction
Fri: No practice. Run on your own or w/ a
Saturday: Aspen Grove Panera @ 8 a.m.
Sunday: On your own or w/ a teammate
5A Region 2
Official Meet Information and Course Map
When: Thursday, October 19th @ 4:15 P.M.
- 2:00pm - Course Preview
- 3:15pm - 5A Coaches Meeting & Starting Line Draw
- 3:30pm - 5A Games Committee Meeting
- 4:15pm - 5A Boys Regional Championships Race
- 4:45pm - 5A Girls Regional Championship Race
- 5:30pm - Awards - Top 15 individuals and top two teams.
1240 Gunnison Ave. Grand Junction, CO 81501
Line-ups: We are allowed to race 9 varsity boys and 9 varsity girls at the regional. There is no JV or open division at this meet.
State Qualification: Top 4 Teams and Top 15 Individuals
Arrival Time: No later than 2:00 p.m. for course preveiw
The Douglas County School District cannot provide bussing for this trip. Due to the high cost of chartering a bus (over $6000) for this trip and hotel costs we are going to drive to Grand Junction. Here are the options for athletes.
- Option 1: Ride with coaches. We will be leaving from the MVHS parking lot the morning of the race at 9:30 a.m. on October 19th. We will rent minivans if necessary. The coaches will drive back to MVHS at the conclusion of the meet.
- Option 2: Ride with your families. If your family is going to the meet you can ride to Grand Junction with them. It is also okay for athlets to ride with another family. Please be at the golf course no later than 2:15 p.m.
- Option 3: Go the day before. Some athletes/families has expressed interest in going to Grand Junction the night before. This is okay with the coaches as long as you are at practice Wednesday morning. The decision to go the day before is being left up to individual families to decide.
- Participation List (Updated on 10/6)
- Trip Forms/Waivers (Print and Bring to Dalby)
- Payment Link
- $275 per athlete (Due before November 1st)
- NXR 2023 - Info Sheet & Itinerary
JV State XC Championship
When: Wednesday, November 1st
Where: Niwot HS
Who: All Vista athlets racing at NXR that do not race at the state championship on October 28th.
Meet Info and Website