To start, the coaching staff is very proud of everyone. This has been a crazy season. Between COVID, cohorts, a shortened track season, meets of 100 or less, and not being able to be a "Normal TEAM" you have exceeded all of Vista Nation's expectations. We are very proud of you!
This past week, we swept the Continental League Championship again at the JV, Varsity, and Open Levels for both boys and girls. Here are a few statistics for everyone:
- Total Points scored in 6 races: 107 (less than 18 points a race)
- Open Boys League Champions: 15 points (perfect score!)
- Open Girls League Champions: 15 points (perfect score!)
- Varsity Boys League Champions:21 points(8 runners in the top 13)
- Varsity Girls League Champions:17 points(8 runners in the top 15)
- JV Boys League Champions: 21 points (8 runners in the top 13)
- JV Girls League Champions: 18 points (7 runners in the top 12)
This league championship was special. It was special because we could have given up on the goal that is the most important to us every year, but you decided it was more important than ever. We were shut down back in March until late June, and you had to train in small groups without much coaching. And through whatever adversity presented itself you prevailed. We had success not because we like to put on green uniforms and aerobic monster shirts, but because you have worked hard for nearly 6 months to make the league sweep possible. We are very proud of you! Congrats again on another outstanding Continental League Meet performance.
Schedule for September October 5th-11th
5A Region 2 Championship
When: Friday, October 9th
Where: Clement Park (Littleton)
Course Map: Link to Map (click to view)
No Spectators at Regionals:
- Due to current requirements/guidelines established by Foothills Park & Recreation District (Clement Park) 125 people are allowed on site during this event.
- They have structured the meet to ensure they stay at or slightly below the 125 person limit.
- Between the 72 athletes at the meet and the coaches, trainers, timing crew, course clerks, officials, and other event staff there will be a real challenge keeping the event under the 125 person limit
- Parents, fans, and teammates please stay at home during the regional meet.
- Fans will be allowed on site at Bear Creek Regional Park for the state meet next week.
- All coaches and athletes MUST wear a mask at all times. Administration is very strict about this and you will be asked to leave the meet if you do not have one on. Runners must wear one when not running. Mask must be worn to the start line and put back on upon completion of the race.
- 9:45 Boys Arrival
- 11:00 Wave #1
- 11:02 Wave #2
- 11:04 Wave #3
- 12:00 Awards Ceremony
- 12:30 Boys Teams Clear Clement Park
- 12:45 Girls Arrival
- 2:00 Wave #1
- 2:02 Wave #2
- 2:04 Wave #3
- 3:00 Awards Ceremony
- 3:30 Girls Teams Clear Clement Park
Qualifying for State:
- Top 3 Teams qualify for the state championship
- Top 2 individuals not on a qualifying team also make it to state.
- Top 15 runners at regionals are considered "All-Regional"
Post Season Options
Below is a list of potential options for non-school related post season meets. This list will be updated as new options present themselves. Please come talk to a coach before making decisions about what races you want to be a part of. The coaches are happy to support you in your post-season racing goals in any way we can.
- Colorado Classic XC Classic on Liberty Bell Course: Sunday, November 1st
- Kokopelli HS Invitational: Friday, November 6th
- 2-Mile 4 REAL: November 11th (tentative)
- Colorado AAU Regional Meet: November 14th
- Colorado vs Utah Boarder War: November 21st 1-hour south of Salt Lake City, UT (tentative). Information to come. Spots available for 14 boy and 14 girls.
- AAU National XC Championship: December 5th