Continental League Championships
When: Thursday, October 9th
Where: Open Space at Poulson’s Barn in Sedalia, CO on Hwy 67 (Go west on Hwy 67 from Hwy 85 through Sedalia. Open space is on the right hand side, just a few hundred yards past the post office. Entrance will be marked with Sabercat signs and personnel will direct you into the entrance for parking in the field area
Time Schedule and Line-ups:
• 2:15 Coaches Meeting
• 2:40 Boys JV – Hellier, Burgoyne, Grover, Dillon, O'Sullivan, Hart, Zarrin
• 3:10 Girls JV – Hendren, Wickoren, Parker, Fitzsimmons, Suntken, Soares, Bauer
• 3:40 Boys Varsity – Smith, Matzke, Fu, Mackay, J.Romine, Spieker, Lovejoy
• 4:10 Girls Varsity - Chipman, Easton, Fitzsimmons, Nats, Goodrum, Walton,
• 4:40 Boys C / Open Race – All athletes not running JV or Varsity
• 5:15 Girls C / Open Race – All athletes not running JV or Varsity
Transportation: Athletes are out of class at 12:45. 2 Busses leaving Vista at 1:00. There is no return bus.
Post-League Picture: After the awards ceremony we will have a brief team meeting. We will also be taking a team picture at this time. Please stay until after the meeting, there will be plenty of time for you to get to the football game.
• Varsity: 1-7 medals / 8-14 ribbons / Championship plaque for the winning teams.
• JV: 1-14 ribbons / Championship plaque for the winning teams.
• Open: 1-14 ribbons / Championship plaque for the winning teams.
All –Continental League Team (Varsity Races Only):
• 1-7 First Team All-Continental League
• 8-14 2nd Team All-Continental League
• 15-21 Honorable Mention
Course Map (click for PDF)
Regionals and Fall Break Practices
The Regional meet is scheduled for Thursday, October 16th. This meet is our qualifier for the 5A State Championships and we are allowed to run 9 athletes in the meet. Athletes competing are expected to be at all fall break practices if you are running at Regionals. We will be meeting at 8 a.m. each morning during fall break. Please check the calendar for practice locations. We will let athletes know after the League meet if they are racing at Regionals.
Continuing to Train if your Season is Over After League
For those athletes whose seasons are over after the League meet you are welcome to continue and train with the team until the varsity season is over.
Time off after XC
At some point, every member of the team should take 2 weeks off from running after the XC season is over before starting to prepare for the upcoming track season. This will help both your body and mind recover from a long XC season.
When: Wednesday October 8th after practice
Where: Easton's house
Juniors: Side dishes
Schedule for October 6th-12th
For those athletes that are continuing on to Regionals we are meeting Friday morning for practice at 8 a.m. at Vista. We will not have official practice on Saturday morning, however. The upperclassmen will be organizing and leading practice this day at a time of their choice. Saturday will be a hilly long run from the E/W trail lot.
Mon-MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Tue-MVHS 3:10 p.m
Wed-MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Thur-Contienental League Championships
Fri-MVHS 8 a.m.
Sat-Upperclassmen will organize practice this week at the E/W Trail. Time TBD.