Team pictures are on Monday, please bring your uniform. If you do not have a uniform you cannot be in the team picture.
Dave Sanders Recap
We had another very successful weekend of racing! For the second week in a row, most of our athletes "raced up" a division from where they might normally run. I thought we handled it very well and the results speak for themselves.
- Varsity Girls-2nd, 2 pts away from the win
- Varsity Boys-5th against 3 top 10 ranked teams in the state
- JV Boys-17 pts for the win!
- Open Girls-1st
- Open Boys-2nd to Dakota Ridge's JV team
Go to the Doctor If You Get Sick
This is a time of year where many of our athletes tend to get sick. Your best defense to avoid being sick is taking care of your sleep, nutrition, and hydration. With that said, getting sick may be unavoidable, but you do not have to stay sick for long. Continue to take care of the "little things", but the coaches recommend that if you get sick, to get to the Dr. ASAP to help knock out whatever sickness you may come down with. We are approaching the most important races of the season, and we want every member of our 90 person roster to be ready to go in the next few weeks!
Running Doubles This Week
In your training peaks you will notice that doubles are listed a little differently this week. We are giving athletes the choice how to break up your double runs. For example, if you have 70 minutes of total running on the day broken up between 2 runs, you choose how to break up the runs. This could be 2 runs of 35 mins, 2 runs of 30 and 40 mins, or any combination that works best for you. The important thing is to get in your miles!
If you are not doubling, but see a double listed, do this. Split the total number of minutes in 1/2 for the day and add 10 mins. For example, if you see 70 mins total on the day, but are only running one run divide 70 in half (35 mins) and add 10 mins (45 mins of total running that day). This will tell you how much you should be running that day.
Looking Ahead at Leagues, Regionals, State, and NXR
The most important TEAM competition of the entire season is the League meet, which is on Wednesday, October 14th. Every year, it is our TEAM goal to win all 6 races at the Continental League Championships. However, for many of our athletes this may be your last meet of the season. Here are a few things we would like everyone to be aware of:
- Regardless of your position on the TEAM, we would like everyone to train through the state meet. Even if you are not in our varsity 7 by that time.
- We will take every member of the TEAM to the state meet that continues to train up to that point, even if you are not racing.
- At Regionals, we are allowed to run 9 athletes. Decisions for Regional line-ups will be made after Leagues.
- At state, we are allowed to run 7 athletes. Decisions for State line-ups will be made after the Regional Meet.
- Nike Cross Regional Line-ups will be made after the League Meet. We currently have 30 athlete tickets reserved for this trip. However, this meet is open to anyone that would like to go. If you would like more info on how to be a part of this trip, even if you are not one of our 30 athletes with a ticket after the League meet, please come talk to Coach Dalby individually.
Castle View/Sabercat Invitational
When: Saturday, October 3rd
Where: Polson Ranch 5201 Colorado Hwy 67 (Sedalia, CO)
Busses: 2 busses going to and from the meet. Arrive at Vista by 7 a.m. Busses leave at 7:15 a.m. There is no athlete parking at the meet (see below), all athletes should be on the bus to the meet!
Spikes: You can wear spikes on this course.
Spectator Parking: All spectator parking will be at Cherokee Ranch at 5036 North Highway 85 (Santa Fe) Cherokee Ranch is just south of Highway 67 on the east side of Highway 85. There will be law enforcement there to direct you in and out of the fields of Cherokee Ranch. Shuttle buses will run back and forth from Cherokee Ranch parking area and the race site at Polson Ranch. There will be no spectator parking at the meet site. Do not park at the post office or along Hwy 67 outside of Polson Ranch as you will be towed. We are asking for a parking donation at Cherokee Ranch to help the Cherokee Ranch Foundation. Please make sure your parents and spectators arrive early to make it on the shuttle to Polson Ranch.
Teams: Castle View, Broomfield, Douglas Country, Arrupe Jesuit, Ponderosa, Legend, Standley Lake, Heritage, Thunder Ridge, Parker Luthern, Air Academy, Mountain Range, TCA, Lyons, Rock Canyon, Longmont, Lewis Palmer, Chaparral, Palmer Ridge, Monarch, Battle Mountain, Alameda, Grandview, Mountain Vista
• 8:30 AM Coaches Meeting
• 9:00 AM Girls Varsity (Run 7, score 5) Chipman, Easton, Eck, Smetanka, Nats,
• 9:45 AM Boys Varsity (Run 7, score 5) Smith, Fu, Currie, Hart, Zarrin, Mackay,
• 10:20 AM Girls JV (Unlimited, score 5)
• 11:05 AM Boys JV (Unlimited, score 5)
• 12:00 PM Awards
Awards: Unique awards will be presented at the completion of the final race. Trophies will be given to the top 3 boys and girls varsity teams, and to the top boys and girls reserve squads. Medals go to the top ten runners in the varsity races and ribbons to places 11 thru 20. Ribbons will be given to the top 20 in both reserve races.
Schedule for Sept 28th-Oct 4th
Mon- Morning Run MVHS 5:30 a.m.
Afternoon MVHS 3:10
Tue- Redstone Park 3:20-5:00 p.m.
Wed-Morning Run MVHS 6 a.m.
Afternoon MVHS 3:10
Thur- Morning Run MVHS 6:30 a.m.
-Afternoon MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Fri- MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Sat-Castle View, Sabercat Invitational in Sedalia, CO
Sun-Optional Run on your own, or w/ a teammate