Awesome job on Friday! A really great showing for our TEAM!!!! Here are the results from the weekend along with an article about the meet, and a few pictures posted on Milesplit.
Lots going on this week with homecoming. The coaching staff understands that this is a really fun time of year for our TEAM. We also want to remind everyone to be safe, and make sure you are taking care of yourself. A few reminders on the week.
- We will have practice as normal. No short practices
- Stay on top of your sleep. This is always the week of the year that people end of sick from neglecting their sleep. Please stay on top of it.
- Get to bed at a reasonable hour after the dance.
Rock Canyon Invitational
Where: Rock Canyon HS XC Course
Arrival: All athletes should be at RCHS by 7:15 A.M. and plan on staying until the team meeting at the end.
Line-ups: Will be announced this week at practice.
Schedule and Additional Meet Info (Link)
8:10am High School Coaches Meeting
8:30am Boys Varsity (run 7, score 5)
9:00am Girls Varsity (run 7, score 5)
9:30am Boys JV (unlimited entries, score 5)
10:00am Girls JV (unlimited entries, score 5)
AWARDS – 10:30am (High School)
- Plaques for Top 2 Varsity Boys and Girls Teams
- Custom T shirts for Top 15 Varsity Boys and Girls Individuals
- Plaque for Top JV Boys and Girls Team
* Invitational T-Shirts available for purchase at the meet.
Training for the Week
Please email Coach Dalby for access to the plans if you are having issues logging in.
September 11th-24th Training Plans (link)
Schedule for September 11th-17th
Monday-MVHS 3 p.m.
Tuesday-Redstone Park 3:20
Wednesday-6 a.m. Run MVHS
MVHS 3 p.m.
Thursday-6:30 a.m. Run MVHS
-MVHS 3 p.m.
Friday- MVHS 3 p.m.
Saturday- Rock Canyon Invitational
-Practice 6:30 a.m. Rocky Heights if not racing
Sunday-See training schedule
Grades and Eligibility
This Thursday's grade report is officially biding. Please make sure you are keeping up with your grades to be eligible for races. A few reminders:
- Athletes with an F in any class have 1 week to raise your grades. After 1 week athletes are not eligible for meets or practice until the F is cleared.
- Athletes with 2 or more D's are not eligible for competition after 1 week.
- If you have an F in a class on any Thursday grade report you must stop by the athletic office to see Mrs. Vitry, and pickup a yellow eligibility card.
- Eligibility cards HAVE to be completed and returned to the athletic office by 3pm on Friday for athletes to be eligible for the next week of practices/competitions.
- If eligibility cards are not taken care of, athletes are ineligible for the next week.
Team Dinner Details
Friday, September 15th- Team Dinner at the O'Sullivan's House at 5:30 ish
Address will be sent out via text on "Remind" (sign-up if you have not already)
Parents are welcome to stay for the dinner!
Remember to bring your assigned item for 8-10 runners.
- Keep it healthy.
- Label your dish and remind your athlete to bring your dish home.
- We have plenty of serving utensils so no need to send them.
- Help clean up and a huge Thank You to Julia Chambers and her family.
- Soph- Drinks or Desserts (Water or Chocolate Milk, no soda)
- Juniors- Fruit or Salad (No Veggie Trays Please, they don’t get eaten)
- Seniors- Pasta Dishes (No Cold Deli Pasta Please, they don’t get eaten either)
- Freshman - Protein (Meatballs, Sliders, Wings, Sloppy Joes, Chicken Tenders/Nuggets, Crock Pot BBQ)
Team Photos on Shutterfly
Kelly O'Sullivan and Teresa Smith are taking on the Shutterfly account, now that Josh (and Kimmy) Romine have graduated from the program. This is the picture sharing site we use as a team. We invite and encourage any parent who enjoys taking pictures to do so, and to share them on our Vista page. ALL parents may view pictures from every meet and download directly from the site. They can also create and order end of season albums.
For new families, you will need to request access to our team site before you can participate. This is for the privacy of our runners and families. You will be approved as soon as your email is verified with the team roster. Here is the link to our Shutterfly site: vistanation.shutterfly.com
We rely on parents to take pictures of different athletes throughout the season and upload their best shots to our Vista album. We want to include pictures of ALL athletes by the end of the season. If you are taking pictures at the meets, please try to delete blurry, distant or duplicate pictures before uploading. If you do upload, please check to see if a meet album has already been created and upload your pictures there. If you don't see a meet album yet, then go ahead and create one, following the format of other album titles.
What works best in the albums:
* Close up racing shots
* Group pictures after the race
* Team pictures (during awards, after with trophies)
* Pictures of parents, siblings and "fans"
Thank you for taking the time to help document the season. Please contact Kelly or Teresa with any questions whatsoever.
Kelly: 720-670-6032 firstname.lastname@example.org
Teresa: 720-840-6335 email@example.com