Another great performance for our entire TEAM this weekend! We were able to sweep all 4 races at St. Vrain against some of the best XC teams from Colorado in some very hard fought battles. Here are a few highlights:
- Race Results, Videos, Articles, and Pictures (link)
- Varsity Boys: 1 pt win over Colorado 5A #2 Monarch, and 5 pts over 4A #1 Palmer Ridge. These teams have made great strides over the summer to close the gap on us, and they are doing everything they can to beat us come October/November. I am proud of the way we competed, but we will need to work even harder than before, and be even more consistent in our training, if we plan to hold them off.
- Varsity Girls: This was a great showing of our teams depth. Sitting some of our usual varsity athletes this week we were able to step up to the challenge and win the meet over Rio Rancho from New Mexico by 25 pts. We had a team average this weekend of 19:23!
- JV Boys: Another great showing of our depth w/ a low 29 pt score, and 16 second one to 5 gap. We are on pace to try and achieve our TEAM goals at the League meet right now w/ performances like this.
- JV Girls: Makenna Anderson picked up the individual win here, and lead the team to a 35 point 1st place finish over Rio Ranch from New Mexico. Another great showing to keep us on pace for our League Meet goals for the season.
Booster Club Online Payments/and Grocery Card Fundraising
We could use everyone's help this season with fundraising, and are providing several options for you to help us meet our financial goals for the season. All funds go to things like paying assistant coaching stipends, meet entries, uniforms, and transportation on school busses. We have 3 easy fundraising options available for you to help us out:
- King Soopers or Safeway Grocery Cards (link to info)
- Join the MVHS XC Booster Club (Online Registration)
- Use a grocery card, and join the Booster Club
Mountain Vista Academic Eligibility Requirements
A weekly grade eligibility report is run on Thursdays and given to head coaches. If a student has 1 or more F’s, the student-athlete must bring their failing grade up to a passing grade in order to regain eligibility to compete for the following week (Monday-Saturday). After receiving notification from the head coach, the student-athlete MUST stop by the athletics office and obtain a gold eligibility card. This card must then be filled out by the student-athlete and provided to the teacher to document the grade has been improved and also to sign the card. The card MUST then be returned to the athletics office before 3:00 p.m. the Friday of the week the report is run so the coach can be notified of the grade status.
Athletes w/ D's may be asked by the XC coaching staff to sit out of meets/practices until grades improve.
Schedule for the Sept 12th-18th
Mon-DeKoevend Park 3:20 (The lot off University just past Arapahoe)
Tue-MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Wed-A.M Run 6 a.m. MVHS
Thur-A.M. Run 6:30 a.m. MVHS
Fri- MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Sat-Rock Canyon Invitational
-Woodbridge Classic (Irvine, CA)
Sun-Optional run on your own, or day off
Training Document for the Week
Please review this weeks training document so that you know what your runs are before coming to practice each day.
Link to Team Training Document
Rock Canyon Invitational
When: Saturday, September 17th
Where: Rock Canyon High School
Transportation: No bus to this meet. Please arrive at RCHS by 7:15 and arrange a ride home after the awards ceremony/team meeting.
- 8:00am Coaches Meeting
- 8:30am Boys Varsity (run 7, score 5)
- 9:00am Girls Varsity (run 7, score 5)
- 9:30am Boys JV (unlimited entries, score 5)
- 10:00am Girls JV (unlimited entries, score 5)
- 10:30am Middle School Boys - 2 mile race (Ribbons top 15 in finish chute)
- 10:50am Middle School Girls - 2 mile race (Ribbons top 15 in finish chute)
- Plaques for Top 2 Varsity Boys and Girls Teams
- Custom T shirts for Top 15 Varsity Boys and Girls Individuals
- Plaque for Top JV Boys and Girls Team
- Ribbons for Top 15 JV Boys and Girls Individuals
- Plaque for 1st Place Boys and Girls Team
Meet Website: http://gvarvas.com/
Live Broadcast: https://ca.milesplit.com/meets/242966/info#.V9LNaJMrJ-U
Itinerary/Info Sheet: woodbrige_2016_-_info_sheet.docx