Outstanding job at Coronado Vista! Here are a few of the highlights:
- Varsity Boys: 1st with a 55 second gap from 1-5. This is pretty solid considering Connor Weaver won the race in a new meet record time of 15:29. The boys are currently ranked #15 in the U.S. according to Milesplit. At Columbine I would like for this gap to be under 45 seconds. Several top teams did not run their full squad at Coronado and they are starting to close the gap on us a little bit. We need to tighten our pack time if we are going to achieve all of our goals this season.
- Varsity Girls: 3rd place with a 1-5 gap time of 71 seconds. Crosstown and League rival ThunderRidge beat us by 11 pts at Coronado. They are a very good team and we are going to have to get our pack closer together in order to compete with them. We have a chance to do so on Friday at Columbine.
- JV Boys: 1st place with a perfect 15 pts! Ryan Currie won the race, but the 1-5 spread was only 15 seconds. That's as good as it gets! Although official results were never posted Coach Selle has put together times over the weekend. Check out the link below to view results from the meet.
- JV Girls: 2nd place in a very large field. Julie Newman, Lauren Soares and Kenzie Haberkorn all finished in the top 7 of the race. Sarah Burgoyne had a very strong finish and stepped up as our #5 on Thursday to help secure our 2nd place finish.
- Results: Vista Results from the Coronado meet are linked below. Unfortunately we missed a few people at the line. If you know what your time was from Thursday, but it's not listed, please stop by and see Coach Selle this week. Hopefully electronic times from Coronado will be sent to us soon.
Girls Results from the Season
Homecoming and Columbine Week
There is a lot going on this week with Homecoming and Columbine both on the same day. With the craziness of the week we have decided not to travel as a group. Practice each day will be at Vista. I am also giving you the weekend off from meeting as an organized group. However, I still want you to go out and get your long run in on Saturday with a teammate or on your own. Here is what the week looks like.
Mon-MVHS 3:10. Secondary long run, power hills and weights
Tue-MVHS 3:10. Race Pace Workout
Wed-MVHS 3:10. Recovery run and weights.
Thur-MVHS 3:10. Pre-race run. Team dinner after practice.
Fri-Columbine Invitational at Clement Park
7 a.m. practice at Vista if not racing. Tempo workout.
Sat-Long run on your own or w/ a teammate
Sun-Optioanl easy run on your own or w/ a teammate
Friday Practice and Saturday Long Run
Because of Homecoming this week we understand if you can not make the meet. However, we do expect that any athlete who will not be racing on Friday is at practice that morning at 7 a.m. Coach Cooke will be meeting with you to do some kind of tempo workout. You will be done by 8:30.
We are going to give you the weekend off from organized practice on Saturday. The expectation is that you still go out and get in your long run sometime that day. Call a teammate or 2 and go run somewhere that we typically don't travel to. Or, walk out the door and get it in on a new route. Either way, make sure you do your long run. The season is winding down in a hurry. Let's make sure we are ready to give our best when in counts.
Here are the long run assignments for Saturday:
- Brand New Runner/Did not run this summer with the team: Up to 60 mins. If you can't handle 60 yet run 5 mins longer than your longest run of the season so far.
- General Running Plan: If you followed this plan during the summer run for 60 mins on Saturday.
- Intermediate Running Plan: If you followed this plan during the summer run for 60-70 mins on Saturday.
- Green Plan: If you completed this plan during the summer go out for 70-80 mins on Saturday.
- Gold Plan: If you completed this plan during the summer go out for 80-90 mins on Saturday.
Dave Sanders/Columbine Invitational Meet Information
- Meet Info, Line-ups and Teams Competing
- In the girls "B" and "C" races the coaches put all of the underclassmen together in the "C" race and all of the upperclassmen together in the "B" race.
- Course Map