Really proud of the way the entire TEAM represented Vista Nation this weekend at both Pat Patten and Dave Sanders! Lots of people stepping up to the challenge of racing against some tough competition. Keep your goals in mind and continue to follow the process! Only 2 and a half weeks until the Continental League Championships!
Saturday Team Trip to Boulder
When: Saturday, September 30th
What: We are taking a bus up to Boulder for our weekly long run, watching the University of Colorado's XC Shootout Invitational, and eating pizza together as a TEAM afterwards.
Cost: $0, we will take care of transportation and pizza
Transportation: There will be a bus leaving Vista at 7 a.m. on Saturday, and returning around 1 p.m.
Sign-Up: We need to know how many of you will be on the TEAM trip on Saturday. Please fill out the Google Form below to let us know if you are coming with us so that we have enough space reserved on the bus, and order enough pizza.
Fall Break Practices and League Championships
Here is the important information to know for the week of Fall Break from October 7th-15th.
- We will practice at 7 a.m. each day, including Saturday's.
- Seniors will lead "doubles" that week at 3 p.m.
- The League Championship is on the afternoon of Wednesday, October 11th.
- To be eligible for the varsity or JV races at Leagues athletes will have to be at all practices over fall break.
- The 5A Region 5 state qualifier is the week after break. We are able to run 9 boys, and 9 girls in this competition. To be considered for the Regional team athletes must be present at all practices over break.
- If you are traveling with the team to AZ for NXR in November, you must be at all practices during fall break to be eligible for that trip.
Elementary School XC Meet
This Tuesday after practice is our elementary school XC meet. All Vista athletes will need to work the meet after the run on Tuesday. Here is what you need to know!
- 5 Community service hours will be given
- Go straight from practice to the Elementary Race on our campus XC loop to help. Meet on the track.
- Wear your Vista Nation Neon Shirts
- Be good ambassadors for our program!
Nike Cross Regionals Southwest Update
If you have not already done so please email Mr. Walton about your intentions to travel to Arizona in November if you are making the trip. If you do not let Mr. Walton know ASAP there will not be a hotel room reserved for you in AZ, or space in a car.
Nike Cross Regional Southwest Trip Information
Team Pictures Friday
Team pictures are scheduled for Friday at 3 p.m. Please bring your uniform. Athletes that do not bring your uniform will not be able to participate in the picture.
Schedule September 25th-October 1st
Monday-Redstone Park 3:20 p.m.
Tuesday- MVHS 3 p.m.
Wednesday-6 a.m. Run MVHS
MVHS 3 p.m.
Thursday-6:30 a.m. Run MVHS
-Rocky Heights 3 p.m.
Friday- MVHS 3 p.m.
Saturday- CU XC Shootout Trip
-Leaving Vista at 7 a.m.
Sunday-See training schedule
Training for the Week
Please email Coach Dalby for access to the plans if you are having issues logging in.
September 25th-8th Training Plans (link)