This Thursday's grade report is officially biding. Please make sure you are keeping up with your grades to be eligible for races. A few reminders:
- Athletes with an F in any class have 1 week to raise your grades. After 1 week athletes are not eligible for meets or practice until the F is cleared.
- Athletes with 2 or more D's are not eligible for competition after 1 week.
- If you have an F in a class on any Thursday grade report you must stop by the athletic office to see Mrs. Vitry, and pickup a yellow eligibility card.
- Eligibility cards HAVE to be completed and returned to the athletic office by 3pm on Friday for athletes to be eligible for the next week of practices/competitions.
- If eligibility cards are not taken care of, athletes are ineligible for the next week.
Arapahoe Recap and Results
Schedule for September 4th-10th
Monday-No School, check schedule for run
Tuesday-MVHS 3 p.m.
Wednesday-6 a.m. Run MVHS
Writer's Vista Park 3:20 p.m.
Thursday-MVHS 3 p.m.
Friday-Liberty Bell Invitational
Saturday- Waterton Canyon 7 a.m.
-Tamale Kitchen after run
Sunday-See training schedule
Training for the Week
Please email Coach Dalby for access to the plans if you are having issues logging in.
August 28th-September 10th Training Plans (link)
Liberty Bell Invitational
When: Friday, September 8th
Where: Heritage HS
Transportation: Students will be dismissed from 7th period on Friday. There is a oneway bus leaving Vista at 2:30. All athletes competing should be on the bus. Please arrange your own ride home after the meet with your parents or a teammate.
Line-ups: Please check door on L503 to see lineups
Course Map (PDF)
Time Schedule/Meet Info: We will be running in the division 1 races of the meet. 4:45 – Division 1 Boys A (Varsity, run 7)
4:48 – Division 1 Girls A (Varsity, run 7)
5:25 – Division 1 Boys B (JV, run 7)
5:28 – Division 1 Girls B (JV, run 7)
6:05 – Division 1 Boys C (Open, run unlimited)
6:11 – Division 1 Girls C (Open, run unlimited)
Team Dinner Details
Thursday September 7th- Team Dinner at Jenna Fitzsimmon's House at 5:30 ish
Address will be sent out via text on "Remind" (sign-up if you have not already)
Parents are welcome to stay for the dinner!
Remember to bring your assigned item for 8-10 runners.
- Keep it healthy.
- Label your dish and remind your athlete to bring your dish home.
- We have plenty of serving utensils so no need to send them.
- Help clean up and a huge Thank You to Julia Chambers and her family.
- Juniors- Drinks or Desserts (Water or Chocolate Milk, no soda)
- Seniors- Fruit or Salad (No Veggie Trays Please, they don’t get eaten)
- Freshman Pasta Dishes (No Cold Deli Pasta Please, they don’t get eaten either)
- Sophomores - Protein (Meatballs, Sliders, Wings, Sloppy Joes, Chicken Tenders/Nuggets, Crock Pot BBQ)
Team Photos on Shutterfly
Kelly O'Sullivan and Teresa Smith are taking on the Shutterfly account, now that Josh (and Kimmy) Romine have graduated from the program. This is the picture sharing site we use as a team. We invite and encourage any parent who enjoys taking pictures to do so, and to share them on our Vista page. ALL parents may view pictures from every meet and download directly from the site. They can also create and order end of season albums.
For new families, you will need to request access to our team site before you can participate. This is for the privacy of our runners and families. You will be approved as soon as your email is verified with the team roster. Here is the link to our Shutterfly site: vistanation.shutterfly.com
We rely on parents to take pictures of different athletes throughout the season and upload their best shots to our Vista album. We want to include pictures of ALL athletes by the end of the season. If you are taking pictures at the meets, please try to delete blurry, distant or duplicate pictures before uploading. If you do upload, please check to see if a meet album has already been created and upload your pictures there. If you don't see a meet album yet, then go ahead and create one, following the format of other album titles.
What works best in the albums:
* Close up racing shots
* Group pictures after the race
* Team pictures (during awards, after with trophies)
* Pictures of parents, siblings and "fans"
Thank you for taking the time to help document the season. Please contact Kelly or Teresa with any questions whatsoever.
Kelly: 720-670-6032 email@example.com
Teresa: 720-840-6335 firstname.lastname@example.org