The St. Vrain Invitational this past Saturday was a great TEAM performance for us. Everyone did their part and the end result was exactly what we were looking for.
- JV Boys: 1st Place w/ a 1-5 pack time of 39 seconds The JV boys TEAM took care of business on Saturday. The strategy was to stay in the front pack at the 1/2 way point and then try to break loose. That's exactly what happened! Scoring 22 pts in such a large meet is very impressive. The work you did during the summer months is paying off.
- JV Girls: 1st place w/ 1-5 pack time of 65 seconds The JV girls raced exactly as the boys did. The plan to run the first half close to the pack and then break away was carried out perfectly!
- Varsity Girls: 5th place w/ a 1-5 pack time of 77 seconds Our goal coming in was top 5 and to challenge Rock Canyon. RC is a quality team that beat us by 7 pts, but we were close. Coach Davies runs a great program next door and we can expect their TEAM to be tough competitors at the League meet this year. I am excited about where we are as a girls TEAM at this point in the season.
- Varsity Boys: 1st place w/ a 1-5 pack time of 37 seconds This is an impressive pack time. What I am most excited about is the TEAM score when you take out the senior athletes on our TEAM. Without the seniors the boys would have been 2nd in this race only a few point behind Monarch. Coach Reider at Monarch is one of the best in the U.S. and always coaches class act TEAMS. Expect them to be competitive with us for years to come.
- Videos, Articles, Pictues, and Results form St. Vrain. http://co.milesplit.com/meets/146170-st-vrain-cross-country-invitational#.Ui0vGxbalUR
- Shutterfly Pictures for our TEAM https://vistanation.shutterfly.com
Accomplishing TEAM Goals
These are the 2013 TEAM Goals we set back in June. After this weekends meet I am positive that we are following a process that will help us to accomplish these goals. Remember, the end result is not as important as the process. Following a plan that helps us accomplish these results is what matters most. Right now, we are following the process very well!
Superman and Summer Milage Shirts
The coaching staff needed some time after St. Vrain to look through the results before handing out Superman shirts this week. We will hand these out at practice on Monday.
If anyone else has a mileage log to turn in for a summer mileage shirt please do so by Monday.
Elementary School Race and Fundraising
Our Elementary School Fundraiser is on Thursday this week after practice. Every member of the XC TEAM is expected to be there until 7-7:30 to help run the meet off.
We have almost accomplished our fundraising goals for the season. Currently, we are between $1500-$2000 short of our goal with letters still coming in. All funds this year are going towards 3 additional coaching stipends, busses, new uniforms, meet entries and other cost associated with running the program. Thank you to everyone that has participated so far.
There are still a handful of athletes that have not turned in letters or donations yet. I will touch base with these athletes at practice on Monday. Please remember, in order to run our program every athlete on the TEAM must do their part.
Schedule for Sept 9th-15th
Mon-MVHS 3:10 (Long Run and Weights)
Tue-Rocky Heights 3:20 (Moderate Run, strides and injury prevention)
Wed-MVHS 3:10 (Race Pace Workout and Weights)
Thur-3:10 MVHS (Playground Run, strides and injury prevention)
Fri-MVHS 3:10 (run/strides/injury prevention)
-Athletes not competing Sat are traveling to Roxborough to run "Tough 10"
Sat-Pueblo Central Invitational
-Athletes not competing are running a threshold workout.
Sun-Optioanl run on your own or w/ a teammate
Pueblo Central Invitational Meet Information
Click to view bus info, line-ups, etc about this weeks meet
Pueblo Central Meet Information and Line-ups (click for pdf)
Athletes Not Racing at Pueblo
Several of our boys that have been on our varsity the past few weeks will not be racing at Pueblo. I will talk details with this group before the long run on Monday. Right now my plan is to take you down to Pueblo and have you do a pretty challenging workout on the golf course that will mimic a post-seaon race later on in the season. However, with the first race starting at 9:00 a.m. we may adjust this. We will talk tomorrow (Monday) to figure out how to approach this.
Going the "Extra Mile"
If you are going the "Extra Mile" I would like for you to get in your usual 1-2 runs this week of 30-35 minutes easy in the morning. This can be done any day this week except Monday and Saturday. You can also go out and get it done on Sunday if you choose to do the optional run that day instead of an a.m run.