Track & Field Athletes and Parents,
Welcome to the start of the 2021 season! After a long wait for season D to begin the coaching staff is excited to finally get things rolling next week.
I will be sending out additional information about Season D this weekend. For now, here is what everyone needs to know in order to be ready for practice on Monday.
First Official Day of Practice:
- Monday, April 26th.
- All athletes should plan to meet on the MVHS track at 3:10 prepared to workout.
Practice Times and Locations:
- Most practices will be held from 3:10 to 5:00 p.m. at the MVHS track for the remainder of the school year.
- Beginning the week of May 31st, we will be transitioning to morning workouts once school is out for the summer. Individual event coaches will set the time for these practices.
- Occasionally, the distance runners will meet off campus to run at local parks and trails during the season.
- Saturday practices will be left up to the discretion of each event coach on the weekends athletes are not competing.
- Students registering for Athletics must have a current physical examination on file in the Activities office before the student is authorized to participate in practice on Monday.
- You can upload your physical to your student's account when you register or anytime when you receive a new from the doctor.
- Click Here for a copy of the physical form.
- Physicals are valid for 1 year from the date of the last exam
Competition Schedule for the Season:
- Click on the following link to view this season's meet schedule:
- There are still a few meets that may be added to the schedule for the season.
- Individual meet hosts will decide on all COVID protocols and procedures this season. This includes the number of fans that may attend meets, and mask requirements.
- Meet information will be posted on the team website throughout the season. Typically on Sunday evenings.
- There will not be a formal parent meeting at school this year. Instead, additional information regarding team policies, procedures, and other relevant information will be emailed to everyone next week.
- This information will also be posted on our team website.
- Uniform checkouts for the season will take place at our team time trial/practice on Saturday, May 1st from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Track and field gear to order for the season is optional, but will be made available for online purchase next week from Denver Athletic. The link will be sent out to all athletes and families, and posted on our team website.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. Looking forward to officially starting up again on Monday!
Mt. Vista HS Social Studies
Mt. Vista HS XC/Track Coach