Please complete the summer training registration form before May 29th if you plan to be a part of our summer XC program. Once registered, you will be sent a link to be a part of our online training platform on Final Surge.
June and July Contact and Meeting
The Douglas County School District is not allowing summer sports camps to take place in person during the month of June. In addition, our coaching staff is not allowed to meet you off site for runs. We are hoping that we can get back to having in-person contact as a team starting in July and/or August. As we get closer to July 1st, additional communication will be coming out once the school district gives us further direction. Until that time, we will be sending out workouts virtually through The Final Surge. This will give our runners the chance to keep up with their running until in-person meetings are allowed again.
The Final Surge
After you have registered online an account to our new training app and online training log (The Final Surge) will be created for you by the coaches. This is where you will be able to view your workouts starting June 1st. We will no longer be using the Google Training document this summer, only The Final Surge.
For those planning on attending the November NXRSW trip to Arizona you will be required to log your miles each day in The Final Surge in-order to be eligible to compete as part of Vista Nation XC in Casa Grande.
If we are unable to meet in person this summer there will be no fee for the program, and athletes will continue to receive virtual workouts through The Final Surge free of charge.
The fee for our summer XC program will be $100 this year. Our summer program is the main fundraiser for our team each year and how we afford things like additional coaching stipends, uniforms, meet transportation, etc.
We will not be collecting this fee until we are able to meet in person again. Hopefully in July. In addition, anyone who is unable to pay the $100 fee should contact Coach Dalby. No one will be turned away if you are unable to pay.
Active Recovery: May 18th-31st
- Take 2 full weeks of active recovery between May 18th-31st. Let your body recuperate after a long season of training.
- Try to get in at least 60 minutes of activity a day. You can play basketball, hike, bike, or anything else that you enjoy doing.
- Running during this time is fine, but keep your runs to an easy 15 to 30 minutes a day. These minutes count as part of your 60 minutes of active recovery each day.
- Our summer XC mileage buildup will begin on June 1st. Make sure you are registered so that the coaching staff can get you signed up on The Final Surge. All workouts will be posted here starting June 1st.
- Active Recovery Schedule for May 18th-31st
New Aerobic Monster T-Shirts
The picture from the previous blog post is our new aerobic monster T-Shirt for the summer. I know...they are awesome! The A.B.C. (Always Be Closing) 1,2,3 (miles one, two, and three) slogan from last fall was the inspiration behind the Sesame Street theme, and our new aerobic monsters, Cookie Monster and the Count. Here is how you can earn one.
- Run all summer from June 1st to August 31st: Training plans will be sent out each week on The Final Surge. You will pick the one that works best for you with guidance from the coaches. Follow the plan and run everyday for 13 weeks.
- Log Your Miles in the Final Surge App: We are going to be using a new online training tool this summer on the website "The Final Surge." We are purchasing a team account, you do not need to register for this on your own. Everyday, you will be able to see your assigned individual training in Final Surge. You will then log your mileage on that day to keep track of all of your training throughout the summer months. This will also allow the coaches to be able to see your training and coach you remotely as needed. Anyone who wants to earn a new Aerobic Monster shirt MUST log their mileage in Final Surge. No paper logs this year.
- No Zeros: In order to earn a shirt you will have to log your mileage each day in order to become "An Aerobic Monster"! Taking a rest day on Sunday is fine, or days off for injury or sickness. Other than that, get your runs in! Even when you are on vacation.
- NXRSW 2020 Trip: For those that are planning to be a part of the Nike Cross Regional-Southwest trip this year you will need to log your miles through the entire season on Final Surge, not just the summer. This will be a requirement to attend the trip in the fall.
Tentative Fall XC Schedule
- Please look at the team calendar for current dates of the meets we plan to attend.
- Exact dates for the League Championships and Regional State Qualifier have not been confirmed yet.
- Team Calendar