A uniform order is now available until Tuesday, January 17th. If you have not purchased a uniform, and would like one to keep of your own, please make sure you purchase ASAP. This is the only time uniforms will be available to purchase. All athletes running XC and/or track are encouraged to purchase their uniform.
Mon: No School Run on your own or call a
Tue: MVHS @ 3 p.m.
Wed: Rocky Heights MS @ 3:20 p.m.
Thur: MVHS @ 3 p.m.
Fri: MVHS @ 3 p.m. (Meet in Coach Dalby's Room for goal setting)
Sat: Aspen Grove Panera Bread @ 8 a.m.
Sun: Run on your own or call a teammate
Team and Individual Goal Setting Meeting
On Friday we will meet in Coach Dalby's room at 3 p.m. to begin practice with a short meeting. We will take 30 minutes to talk about individual and team goals for the season.
Texas Distance Festival
Meet Flyer (PDF)
Where: Southlake, Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Area)
Who: Any distance athlete that consistently takes part in Winter Conditioning will be eligible to compete in Texas during spring break.
Dates: March 17th and 18th (end of Spring Break).
Cost: Athletes and families are responsible for all costs associated with the trip.
Coaches: There may not be a coach from Vista at the Texas Distance Festival this year. Families are responsible for coordinating all aspects of the trip for their athlete. If coaches are present they will not be arriving until Saturday afternoon.
- Hampton Inn and Suites, 200 Town Center Lane in Keller Texas (76248)
- Group Rate: $109 per night for standard double room/two beds (March 17th and 18th only). There are 25 rooms available. Once these are booked the group rate will no longer apply.
- Breakfast and parking are included.
- Group Name for Booking: Mountain Vista High School Track & Field
- Booking Deadline for Group Rate: February 17th @ 5 p.m.
- Registration Link
- Athletes/families are not required to stay at the team hotel.
- Families are responsible for booking their own hotel rooms. The coaching staff will not be coordinating rooms on this trip for athletes.
- If athletes wish to room together it is up to them to coordinate with each other.
Ground Transportation: Athletes and families are responsible for booking their own rental cars for the meet. Athletes not traveling with their parents are responsible for coordinating transportation with a teammate while in Texas.
Meet Registration: Coach Dalby will register athletes for events. Each athlete is allowed to compete in one event maximum.
Team Pre-Meet Run: Athletes wanting to do their pre-meet run together will meet at Bob Jones Park at 3 p.m. on Friday, March 17th,
Official meet information: https://tx.milesplit.com/meets/506098-texas-distance-festival-2023#.Y7tvZezMKWA
If you have not done so since the end of the XC season please remember to get your ferritin levels checked again. The coaches recommendation is to have your ferritin levels checked at a minimum of twice a year: Once after the track season, and once after XC season.
Below is information about the importance of iron/ferritin for distance runners. A ferritin level of 30 is the minimum number acceptable for adequate performance as a distance runner. We also recommend that every athlete on the team be taking an iron supplement that works for them. Please come talk to the coaches if you have questions.
- The Importance of Iron in Distance Runners (Blog Post)
- Why You Should Get Your Ferritin Levels Checked (Blog Post)
- A letter from a doctor, with references, about ferritin levels for endurance athletes that you can take with you to your medical provider when you get tested. (Doc)
- Are Your Ferritin Levels Up to Speed? Top Coaches Take Tests for Iron Seriously (article)
- Ironing Out the Details: Know the facts about ferritin and iron before deciding to supplement (article)
- Iron Level Upkeep For Runners (article)