Official practice for the CHSAA season begins this week! If you have not already registered you need to do so immediately. The registration window for the season will be closing in the next day or two.
Registration Link: https://mountainvista-ar.rschooltoday.com/node/50
Athletes are not officially registered until these four items have been completed:
- online registration
- physicals signed and dated by the doctor and uploaded in registration
- CHSAA account created (you do not need to create another account if you have previously competed in athletics with Mountain Vista)
Team 2-Mile XC Intersquad Meet
- What: This is a 2-mile pre-season meet for our entire TEAM.
- When: Saturday, August 22nd at practice. 6:45 a.m. arrival time at MVHS. We will be done by 9 a.m. that morning. Please plan accordingly.
- Who: All registered members of the Vista Nation XC TEAM.
- Races: 1 boys race and 1 girls race.
- Where: The Vista Nation 2-Mile XC Course on Campus.
- Fans: Our time trial will be closed to spectators. Although we appreciate the support of our parents and families, we are asking that for the intersquad meet it be just the athletes. We will post results to afterwards.
- This meet will help us determine line-ups for the following week of racing. Although we do not have a schedule completed yet, the results will help us place team members in the appropriate competitions.
CHSAA Modifications and What it Means to Vista Nation This Season
As you know, CHSAA has made modifications for the upcoming season. Please take a look at those changes from the blog post that went up a few days ago to understand those modifications. The coaching staff has also posted our thoughts about the upcoming season that officially starts on August 12th. We are doing our absolute best to make this a great season for all of our runners.
Unique Vista Nation XC Gear Order
Custom Vista Nation XC face coverings (pictured above) will be given to every member of the TEAM this year. Your registration cost for the fall covers these. We may need to have them at practice and at meets this season so we are providing them for you. Please get yours from Coach Dalby at practice this week.
Also, my good friend Pete (former Run Colorado owner) put together a really great gear order site for all of us! All items are optional, super cool, and available for any HS or MS athlete to order. And, all orders will be mailed to your home directly.
The site will be open for a limited time (about a week) so please order ASAP if you would like something. All gear is 100% optional, and there is no pressure to buy anything you see unless you want to. We will do our normal Denver Athletic Gear Order sometime in August where items like neon green Vista Nation shirts will be available at that time..
Schedule for August 10th-16th
High School Training: August 10th-16th
From here on, training will be posted for you in the Final Surge App. This will help you to know what your daily workouts are before you come to practice each day, along w/ knowing what to run when you are out of town during the summer.
If you have not signed-up yet for the Final Surge App, or need help doing so, please take a look at the following link for assistance.