When: Monday, August 12th from 6 to 7 p.m.
Where: MVHS Auditorium
Who: 1 parent from each family should plan on being in attendance. Athletes do not need to come to the meeting.
We will post materials for the meeting on next weekends blog so that our parents can come to the meetings with questions.
Run-To-Denver on Saturday, August 17th
On Saturday, August 17th we will be doing our bi-annual Denver Breakfast Run! Afterwards we will head to Illegal Pete's on the 16th St Mall for breakfast burritos, and then take the Light Rail from downtown back to Mineral Station next to Aspen Grove. Here are the details on the 4 runs to choose from:
- 14 Miles: Meet at Aspen Grove Panera at 6:30 a.m.
- 10 Miles: Meet at Centennial Park in Englewood at 7 a.m. (See address below)
- 7 Miles: Meet at Centennial Park at 7 a.m., and we will transport you down the trail so that you are running the 7 mile distance.
- 4 Mile Run: Meet at Centennial Park at 7 a.m. and we will transport you down the trail so that you are running the 4 mile distance.
When: 6:30 A.M. If you are running from Aspen Grove. 7:00 a.m. if running from Centennial Park.
Bag/Gear Transport: You can load your stuff up in Dalby's car and he will transport it down to Denver for you.
Where: Centennial Park
4630 S Decatur St
Englewood, CO 80110
Directions: 25 mins from MVHS. Go North on Santa Fe. Take a left on Union. The park will be down on your right off of Union
Cost: $15 should cover the cost for breakfast and your light rail ticket.
Ticket App: Please download the RTD ticket app and purchase your ticket prior to Saturday mornings run.
We are looking for 2 to 3 parents to help us out on Saturday the 17th to chaperone at REI/Illegal Pete's and to help drive runner's back from Mineral Station to Centennial Park once we return, if they need to get their cars. If you can help please email Coach Dalby.
Guide to Nutrition for High School Runners
- Individualized Nutrient and Hydration Guidance: The coaching staff would love to set up a time w/ any of the athletes on the team about individualized nutrition and hydration plans. If you are interested, please talk to one of the coaches at practice to set up a time to come up with your plan. Based on your current age and training volumes we will help you calculate the following: Daily calorie needs, daily H2O consumption needs, post-training protein and carbohydrate needs (Chocolate Milk), total daily protein and fat needs, and amount of iron supplement you should be taking.
- MVHS Distance Program Nutrition Resource (Drive)
- Guidelines for Iron and Other Supplementation (Drive)
- Information About Iron Supplementation
- Every athlete on the team should be on an iron supplement. Please view the above link for additional information.
Grocery Card Fundraiser
This is one of our few fundraisers each season, and how we are able to compensate our assistant coaches every fall. They are not funded by the school district, and the grocery card fundraiser helps us to to make sure they each receive a full stipend for the season. Please see the link below for more information, and contact Therese Fitzsimmons for a card:
- Cards will be available to pick up at the parent meeting.
MVHS Booster Club
The Booster Club is the other way we raise money for our program each season. Below is information on how to register, and a video about how the Booster Club helps our team. Please contact Jeremy and Cherise Anderson if you have questions.
Gear Orders for the Fall
Gear orders for the fall are now available through Denver Athletic until Sunday, August 11th. Once the site closes you will not be able to order again until the winter.
Denver Athletic Website (Store Closes Sunday August 11th)
What Gear Should I Order?
We would like all athletes, and parents, to have a neon green Vista Nation XC T-Shirt from Denver Athletic. Everything else is optional to order. Here are a few things to know about available gear:
- Neon Green Vista Nation Shirts: This is our standard shirt and one that every member of the team, including parents, should have. It is what we wear at every meet. Either the cotton shirt, or the performance shirt are fine to order.
- Athletes going to NXR may want to consider buying an extra lime green cotton T-shirt for the T-shirt exchange.
- Warm-Ups: We are giving everyone on the team the opportunity to purchase your warm-ups. Warm-up tops, and pants are optional. We do not check warm-ups out during the season.
- Additional Apparel: Hats, bags, additional T-Shirts, etc. are all available for purchase, but not required.
- Sizing: Moms have noticed that the American Apparel Women's Cut shirts (50/50 blend) run about two sizes too small. Consider ordering larger sizes or going with the men's cut instead.
Schedule: August 12th-18th
Monday: MVHS 3:10
-Parent Partnership Meeting 6 p.m. @ MVHS
Tuesday: MVHS 3:10
Wednesday: Writer's Vista Park 3:20 p.m.
Thursday: MVHS 3:10
Friday: MVHS 3:10
Saturday: Run to Denver 7 a.m.
Sunday: Rest Day
Training Calendar for August 2019
Every week a training plan will be posted for you to follow. This will help you to know what your daily workouts are before you come to practice each day along w/ knowing what to run when you are out of town during the summer.
Vista Guide to Rhythm and Tempo Running
- Here you go! Your one stop shop for information on how to do your rhythm runs and tempo workouts: Vista Guide to Rhythm and Tempo Runs (Google Doc).