All information from last weeks parent meeting has been posted below. Please take a few minutes to review if you were unable to attend.
- Parent Meeting Presentation
- Team Handbook and Policies
- 2021 Meet Schedule w/ start times
- Final Surge Training App and Athlete Registration
- The Importance of Iron/Ferritin for Distance Runners
Vista Nation Volunteer Opportunities:
If you would like to be added to any of the following committees. Please contact Jen Christians via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photography Committee
- TEAM Activities Planning Committee
- TEAM Banquet Committee
- General Volunteer Committee
Transportation off campus:
Do you need help, or can you help with off campus driving or practices?
Use this form to help share your information with other parents.
2021 Fundraising Opportunities
Booster Club Information:
- Kathy Adams has volunteered as the Booster Club Chair for Cross Country. Every Dollar donated is earmarked for Cross Country. We would love your support for MVHS XC.
- Use this link to donate: https://vistagoldeneagles.sportngin.com/register/form/712802720
- If you have any questions you can reach out to Kathy Adams via email- email@example.com
- You can purchase a reloadable Safeway card for $5. Load your card with any amount while you are in line at the grocery store. Use your card to pay for your groceries and gas. Mountain Vista XC and Track & Field earns 5% back of the total amount loaded by families! To purchase a Safeway card, contact Ann Metz at firstname.lastname@example.org, or text 303-506-1377.
Don’t forget to connect your King Soopers Cards to support Vista Nation, you can invite grandparents, family and friends to do the same!
REGISTER NOW It is so easy…
- SIGN-IN https://www.kingsoopers.com/account/communityrewards/
- SELECT Community Rewards from left
- PICK our team using code WQ232 or Mountain Vista Cross Country/Track
- ENROLL…that’s it!
Aerobic Monster & Special Gear Order
Aerobic Monster Shirts:
- Because of budget limitations this year athletes that have earned an aerobic monster shirt will need to order them form SafeTeeThird.com.
- If you ran all summer with the team you earned your shirt. Order one!
- There is lots of fun and additional gear to order on the SafeTeeThird site. All gear is optional.
- Returning Jrs/Srs during SOAR from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Everyone else will be issued a uniform after practice on on Thursday.
Schedule for August 23rd-29th
Mon: MVHS @ 3:10
Tue: MVHS @ 3:10
Wed: MVHS @ 3:10
Thur: Returning Jr/Sr Uniform Checkout 7:30-8:30 a.m. during SOAR
MVHS @ 3:10 p.m.
Uniform Checkout after practice
Fri: Vista Nation 2-Mile @ 4 p.m.
Sat: Aspen Grove Panera Bread @ 7 a.m.
- Bring $$$ for Panera breakfast after the run!!!!!
Vista Nation 2-Mile XC Race
When: Friday, August 27th
Who: All members of the Vista Nation XC Team (unless training through this week)
Where: MVHS XC Course
Start Time: 4 p.m. on Friday
- Frosh/Soph Race: All 9th and 10th graders will be racing in the frosh/soph race.
- Varsity Race:
- Girls: B.Adams, Gamily, Hamilton, Harris, Lindstrom, Swaim, Zarrin
- Boys: Christians, Kiziah, Lawlor, Montano, Romalia, Simmons, White, Hoffman, T.Clark, Culver
- Jr/Sr Race: All 11th/12th graders not in the varsity race will be racing unless the coaches tell you that you are training through this week.
Jeff Boele-Licensed Massage Therapist
When: Tuesday's at practice throughout the season.
Why: To benefit individual athlete health during the XC season.
Who: Anyone on the team needing work done during the season.
Consent Form: Any athlete wishing to receive treatment from Coach Boele must have the consent form signed by your parents and brought to practice. :
I’ve coached cross country and track & field for 21 years, working with middle school, high school, collegiate, professional, and masters’ athletes in that time period. I also have a background as an endurance athlete and competed at the high school, collegiate, and post collegiate levels. (I raced Coach Dalby once in college, we can discuss results at another time!) Here in Colorado, I have been involved with Lyons high school in various capacities since 2010. Additionally, I am starting my second season at Niwot high school helping with weekly therapy sessions.
In 2017, I became a licensed massage therapist. The intent was to add another skillset to my coaching toolbox. Through continuing education opportunities and learning from mentors, I saw how the specific and consistent implementation of manual therapy could benefit performance through better athlete health. I have continued to see that dynamic hold true by implementing this approach with a variety of athletes. The goal is to bring this methodology for athlete health and performance to the Mountain Vista cross country program.
I hold a variety of certifications from the US Track and Field governing body and professional coaches’ association. USATF level 1 and level 2 (endurance) certifications. USTFCCCA jumps specialist certification. I am a licensed massage therapist in the state of Colorado (MT.0020779).